The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

Sugar

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Liz, you can have mines, its just that it is hardback, a bit big for your bag, but the offer is there, I would love you to read it. x

Tesco's are selling it in paperback - still quite big but definately lighter - there's also some extra stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my copy of The Book Thief in Tesco and it's only branded on the inside cover - the stickers on the front of mine peeled off!

It was only £4, so £3.60 for me!

I loved it! It was absolutely fantastic - one of those books that you can't stop reading... and yet you don't want it to end either.

Definitely a 10/10 for me.

I read the back several times but I can't say I noticed a Tesco logo there. However, as I work there and have seen it so often, it's likely that I probably looked straight at it without seeing it! :welcome:

The book is at my Mum's house so I can't check.

I'm about halfway through

where the mayor's wife no longer wants her washing done by Rosa and Liesel loses her temper

- I was sitting in the car today waiting for my son so engrossed in the book that I felt stressed wanting to shout no! don't shout at the woman in case she makes waves for you and holding my breath!! I felt a bit silly :welcome:

• 3 weeks later...

My sis is reading this at the moment and was finding it difficult to get into but now she is enjoying it.....maybe I should warn her about getting the tissues ready for the end:roll: One I will know doubt be borrowing.