The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

Just finished watching a swedish film called " Together". I would definitely recommend, really enjoyed it.

Was that the movie where people lived in a commune, and it was set in the 70s? I love that movie :smile2:

I watched two movies this weekend. First, The Treatment, with Chris Eigeman. A decent, good movie, with eye candy. Kylie, I'm really embarrassed to say this, but I now totally have a crush on the man who plays Digger in GG :blush::wub:

The other movie was Vincent Will Meer (Vincent Wants to Sea). What a great movie! One of the funniest I've seen this year. It made me think of Elling. Definitely worth saving, and watching again some time :smile2:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Took my boys to see The Avengers in 3D yesterday, we really enjoyed it, lots of action, very funny in places (loving the Iron Man humour and a great line from The Hulk!) and felt the characters all came together very well.

Superhero movies are normally not my thing but I'm glad I was coerced into seeing this one... :-))

Kylie, I'm really embarrassed to say this, but I now totally have a crush on the man who plays Digger in GG :blush::wub:

:haha: I am never going to let you live this down! :rolol:

I've been watching many a film since I've been recuperating, some first viewings and several repeat viewings. I finally saw Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and liked it, mostly for Mr. Pegg ;).

Watched this on Sat night, Mr Pegg was great in it! I did like the movie but the chasing scenes did get a bit repetitive and go a bit.

Is the film as good as the book, Sofia? I have the book on my reading list.

I can answer that: yes it most definitely is. One of the best book to screen adaptations I've seen, I think.

Watched Cool Hand Luke and The Band Wagon at the weekend.

Have seen Cool Hand Luke before, but I never get tired of watching it. Just fantastic.

I liked The Band Wagon a lot too. (Can't believe I had never seen it before.)

Have seen Cool Hand Luke before, but I never get tired of watching it. Just fantastic.

Now, see, what we have here is a failure to communicate ... :cool:

I can answer that: yes it most definitely is. One of the best book to screen adaptations I've seen, I think.

I have had Winter's Bone DVD for several weeks...sitting there seductively in all its cinematic glory trying to entice my curious soul into watching it before I had read the book. I shall have to hot foot it to the book before I give into temptation and whack that disc into my player...

Guest Eliza1

I've started watching the Borgias with Jeremy Irons. Really enjoying that... last film I saw was The Hunger Games in the Cinema. Wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was, I'd never read the books so I didn't know what it was about. Really enjoyable. I've bought the last two books now to read.

I watched Jaws again the other night :)

Me too! I can't believe how good it looks in HD, and it still grips me every single time I watch it, and I jump every time at the same point when Hooper dives down to investigate the abandoned boat ... (not wanting to give away any spoilers ;))

Me too! I can't believe how good it looks in HD, and it still grips me every single time I watch it, and I jump every time at the same point when Hooper dives down to investigate the abandoned boat ... (not wanting to give away any spoilers ;))

HD?! I'd be way too scared to watch it more closely, it's such a creepy movie. Yuck :D

HD?! I'd be way too scared to watch it more closely, it's such a creepy movie. Yuck :D

No, it looks amazing! Most of the creepy bits are suspense so they're all in your head anyway. I'm scared witless by I hate horror films, and Jaws is about as scary as I can take :roll:

You're gonna need a bigger boat tv :D

:D I'm so glad I'd only sat down when I read this, and wasn't drinking water, I would've seriously choked on it :D

No, it looks amazing! Most of the creepy bits are suspense so they're all in your head anyway. I'm scared witless by I hate horror films, and Jaws is about as scary as I can take :roll:

Yeah, I suppose it's really all about suspense, knowing and anticipating what's going to happen... well, do you think a 3D version at least would make it more terrifying? :giggle:

well, do you think a 3D version at least would make it more terrifying? :giggle:

I saw Jaws 3 in 3D at the cinema. It was utter shite :lol:

Some things are best left as they are. If only George Lucas would wake up to that fact.

Yeah, I suppose it's really all about suspense, knowing and anticipating what's going to happen... well, do you think a 3D version at least would make it more terrifying? :giggle:

I've never seen a 3D film and I have no intention of watching one - as a spectacles wearer I've heard the 3D glasses aren't conducive to a comfortable viewing, so I've avoided them - but if anything I would think 3D would make the rubber shark look more ridiculous than it already does! :giggle2:

I've never seen a 3D film and I have no intention of watching one - as a spectacles wearer I've heard the 3D glasses aren't conducive to a comfortable viewing, so I've avoided them - but if anything I would think 3D would make the rubber shark look more ridiculous than it already does! :giggle2:

I wear glasses too. The only 3D movie I've seen is Avatar, and I spent the entire 37 hours of the movie holding the 3D specs on because they kept slipping off my nose! Not fun.

Some things are best left as they are. If only George Lucas would wake up to that fact.

So so true!

I wear glasses too. The only 3D movie I've seen is Avatar, and I spent the entire 37 hours of the movie holding the 3D specs on because they kept slipping off my nose! Not fun..

Ha! It was quite long, I saw it at the Imax which was definitely a good way to see it.

Last film I saw was the Proposition, bit of a let down sadly. :(

I know, and I agree. I'm old school that way. I don't care about HD, but that might be down to me not watching many movies any ways. But, it might be a fun experience, in itself, to see what a sharky attack would look like in 3D.

I wear glasses too. The only 3D movie I've seen is Avatar, and I spent the entire 37 hours of the movie holding the 3D specs on because they kept slipping off my nose! Not fun.

Aaah, I never even realised how much trouble it must be to wear glasses and watch 3D movies! But, Karsa, how is it possible that Avatar lasted 37 hours?