The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

Don't be afraid of the dark.....appalling film..although I had some jumpy moments it was really unrealistic, don't think I even watched it all to the end!

Andie P x

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cowboys and Aliens. It could've been fun. But it wasn't.

I've wondered about it too ... I love to keep up to date with what's new in the Western genre so that I can recommend anything good to my Dad who is such a cowboy fan but the word 'aliens' in the title made me think that it probably wouldn't be for him (sorry to say it but he hates skiffy) and the fact that it isn't even good skiffy puts the tin hat on it. The last film I recommended him was 'Rango' .. which was a bit of a risk because it's not your normal Western (aside from the fact that it's animated) but he loved it and I got lot's of brownie points. Thanks for giving us the heads up Steve .. I had heard somewhere else that it was a bit of a turkey and now you've confirmed it. I need to keep those brownie points :D

I watched 'Puss in Boots' in 3D and all in all I thought it was a bit lame. I enjoyed the first half an hour but thought it got laboured and boring after that .. I fell asleep for five which is always a sign that it's not grabbing me :D I'm amazed actually that it was Oscar nominated especially as Tintin wasn't.

Larry Crowne

Seriously, Tom Hanks & Julia Roberts, and thats the movie they came up with?

Blushes slightly and admits I quite liked this in a late night in bed easy watching kind of way. Though why Tom Hanks had a chain hanging from his trousers when he was given his new updated image I don't know...it had some cringy moments.

Watched The Elephant Man last night. I can't believe I've never seen it before. Awfully sad. I have a list I'm working through of films on my package I've never watched that I'm working away at.

Skyline - There are no words to describe the lameness of this flick. I want my 94 minutes of life back, and some steel wool to scrub every last vestige of this film from my mind.

Right with you on that one! Awful film :banghead:

Miss Sadie Thompson - from 1953, starring Rita Hayworth, and based on a W. Somerset Maugham story. It was actually the third adaptation ofthe story; it was made into a silent movie in 1928 (just called 'Sadie Thompson'), and Joan Crawford starred in another adaptation of it called 'Rain' in 1932. I wouldn't mind seeing those (especially the Joan Crawford film) for comparison purposes.

This was....okay. The trouble was it didn't know what it wanted to be. Started off as a comedy, turned into a musical, dabbled with romance, then descended into drama! Not awful, but not brilliant either.

Blushes slightly and admits I quite liked this in a late night in bed easy watching kind of way. Though why Tom Hanks had a chain hanging from his trousers when he was given his new updated image I don't know...it had some cringy moments.

It's not even that it was a bad movie....just what was the point?

watched Fast Five.....pretty good eye candy :D

It's not even that it was a bad movie....just what was the point?

Know what you mean.

Planning my watching tonight to be The Breaking Dawn Twilight movie...yes I know but I'm quite looking forward to it.

I saw The Hunger Games for the second time at the movies the other day.

I saw this the other day and thought it was very good. It's not as good as the book in my opinion, but it's a faithful adaptation.

I've been watching many a film since I've been recuperating, some first viewings and several repeat viewings. I finally saw Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and liked it, mostly for Mr. Pegg ;). I also watched an old fave, Lars and the Real Girl, and even subjected my mom to Breaking Dawn part 1 on her last night staying with me. She's not really a supernatural person but had fun, although I did have to remind her in almost every scene what type of creature each character was :lol:

I also rewatched Emma, Sense & Sensabilities, Hope Floats, Hot Fuzz and the Social Network.

Watched Die Hard last night for the first time in probably about 20 years. Perfect popcorn blockbuster :smile2:

Alan Rickman is sublime as Hans Gruber! I love all the Die Hard films.

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead - One of my most favourite films. The film, based on a Tom Stoppard play of the same name, follows the misadventures and musings of the two minor characters from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. A beautifully crafted dialogue driven comedy.

Both Gary Oldman and Tim Roth are brilliant in the roles of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.