The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

I've only seen it a few times, but I appreciate it more every time I watch it. :) It's based on Emma, right? This is the first time I've seen it since I learnt that.

Yes, and although only loosely based on it, I have to say, one of my favourite interpretations of Emma on screen! :lol:

I watched Friends With Benefits last night - meh.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I showed ESOASM just weeks ago to my children, it was their first time watching and they loved it. Great movie. Glad you all love it too. It was weird at first to see Carey as a serious character here and Winslet go completely out of her mind, but they did such a great job with it that it actually worked.

This weekend there were many movies in my home, my son watched Gladiator (for the 100th time, that movie is starting to irritate me now) and Kung Fu Panda 2, I joined him for Kung Fu Panda and actually enjoyed it to my surprise. It was very funny and very well done.

I watched 'House guest' and finally 'A Good Woman' on the BBC yesterday. This afternoon the Belgian channel aired 'The Gay Divorcee'. I'm becoming more and more of a tv watching potatoe. ;-) Oh well, I don't mind as long as I enjoy it.

Edited by sadya

Now I'm watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

I loved that, saw it last year, husband had previously seen it and when we saw the used DVD, we grabbed it.

We went to see Safe House the other night, fast paced spy story, Denzel Washington was fabulous, and the other main character, an unknown to me at least, was right on top of his role as well. Ryan Reynolds, that's the other actor. I'm listing the link as there is an older film with the same name. Safe House the 2012 film

I watched Swing Time at the weekend - an Astaire and Rogers movie. I loved it; well except for one scene. I don't like it when white actors dress up in black make-up. I appreciate that it was accepted as a legitimate form of entertainment in 1936 when the film was made, but it still makes me grimace.

I watched a very odd French film called Lourdes about a woman who goes to Lourdes in the hope of meeting people and being cured, it was a very slow paced film but not unentertaining for all that, although the end was little sudden.

Is it only a 12A? I might not find it as scary as I thought, so.

Last film I watched was Breaking Dawn Part 1. I had to, I've read the books and seen the first three films. However it has been a while since I saw/read anything Twilight related, and that, taking BD1 out of context, meant the first hour was slow and hilariously bad, and in the second I realised just how truly disturbing and messed up the main storyline is. If I saw that as a young teen, I would probably have been scarred for life. I've been, at long last, completely and utterly put off all things Twilight. Hurrah!

Hurrah, Noll! :)

I watched On a Clear Day You Can See Forever. Apart from Barbra Streisand's brilliant singing, I didn't really like it (although I wasn't giving it my undivided attention).

Twilight is a bizarre abomination, there's literally no point to it and it makes no sense, it's like kim kardashian. 'My Arizona clothes were too permeable' still makes me laugh. Meyer sure took a dump on the vampire genre, at least she got paid for it.

I just got back from watching Harry Pot I mean Woman In Black. I was very, very disappointed. It's like they dumbed it down and put it in the standard Hollywood liquidiser and it came out all bland and tasteless. It is nothing like the book and nowhere near

as spooky as the TV adapation from several years back. All the elements in that production that made the house and ghost seem so terrifying are missing in this lame effort.

Forgetting the story and rating it as a stand alone film, I would not rate it as good a ghost story as The Others or Sixth Sense.

I am sorry I have to go and lay down to get over it.

I watched Bringing Up Baby with two of my favourite actors, Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn. I recorded this a couple of years ago but never got around to watching it, so when it was on TV again last night, I finally watched it. I wish I had watched it sooner! It was marvellous and very funny. :D

I watched Bringing Up Baby with two of my favourite actors, Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn. I recorded this a couple of years ago but never got around to watching it, so when it was on TV again last night, I finally watched it. I wish I had watched it sooner! It was marvellous and very funny. :D

I love this film. Love it, love it, love it. Grant and Hepburn created magic when they starred together.

I watched "Iron Lady" what a load of rubbish, a really bad movie and if Meryl Streep wins an oscar for this I will be astounded as she is only passable in a bad film.

I watched two war films about WWII.. first was .Die Brucke (The Bridge). I watched in German with English subtitles. It was about 7 16 year old schoolchildren who are conscripted by the Nazis to defend a bridge in their village right at the end of the war. The war is already lost. They are so indoctrinated by Nazi propaganda they volunteer willingly even though one boy is only 15. Their teacher (Franka Potenta) tries to save them and stop the madness. They will all die trying to stop the allies crossing the bridge but it would change absolutely nothing even if they stayed at home safe. If you are a fan of war films you will be disappointed. Historical accuracy comes second in this film. But it is not really about that. It is about trying to save something good in a really bad situation. It was interesting. I did notice lots of cultural differences the Germans seem to shout at each other a lot. It must be a very loud country.

The other film was Saints and Soldiers. 4 US Soldiers escape from a massacre of prisoners by German soldiers in the Battle Of The Bulge in December 1944. They are trying to survive and get back to their own lines. Their personalities come into conflict. The most messed up of them is Deakin, He is a Christian but a few days before accidentally killed some women and children and cannot forgive himself. He has not slept since and is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. And he is holding their only gun. It was a good film .

Edited by vodkafan

The Weeping Camel. This was such a beautiful film. It's actually a documentary set in the Gobi desert and is about a mother camel rejecting her rare white baby camel after a very difficult birth and how her owners set about getting her to accept it. The Mongolians are such a gentle race of people and it's fascinating to see their life-style living in yerts.