The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

There was a Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes weekend on TCM, so I watched a couple of them, and actually enjoyed them much more than I thought I would. Also trying to clear some space, so watched Nativity! which was okay, but can't believe it was a full cinema release as it felt like a television feature rather than a film.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was a Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes weekend on TCM, so I watched a couple of them, and actually enjoyed them much more than I thought I would.

Hubby is watching a Basil Rathbone at the moment...lol

'The Descendants'. It's a watchable film and yet, nothing much happens in it.

Went to see this last night and like you Karen watchable (MrC in particular), but was a bit disappointed with it if I have to be honest. Felt a bit down after I came out, expecially having to watch his poor wife in the hospital, brought it all back of being/waiting with dad and mum!

Edited by Inver

Watership Down. I had no idea an animation movie excisted of that book. Loved the music.

Briiiight eyeeeeeees, burning like fireeee :lol:

It's a wonderful film, I like that it's quite a dark film, not all happy and bright like Disney. That just wouldn't have worked for that film.

I've been on a Robert Carlyle spree recently, as I love the man to bits. My friend katie calls him my 'Old Man Crush'. He's only 50!! And he's looking well for it too! :lol:

I've watched Marilyn Hotchkiss' Ballroom Dancing and Charm School, definitely one of my favourites of his so far, The Full Monty (aside from him not having his lovely Glaswegian accent in it, how can I complain about that one? :lol:), and hopefully gonna be watching two of his more recent ones, Summer and I Know You Know over the next couple of days. :)

I Know You Know, - really good little indie type flick from Robert Carlyle. Not the most cohesive, maybe, in terms of style and genre, but it's a character driven movie with excellent performances which totally made me bawl my eyes out at the end.

I Know You Know, - really good little indie type flick from Robert Carlyle. Not the most cohesive, maybe, in terms of style and genre, but it's a character driven movie with excellent performances which totally made me bawl my eyes out at the end.

Hmm, will have to add to my to-watch list. Anything with Robert Carlyle is worth a watch.

Hmm, will have to add to my to-watch list. Anything with Robert Carlyle is worth a watch.

Tell me about it, I've watched about seven of his films in the last week! I Know You Know is definitely one of the better ones, performance wise.

That Touch of Mink - one of my favourite rainy afternoon, cheer-me-up films, with Cary Grant and Doris Day :smile2:

I love it too, the first time I saw it was with my mother, she brought me downtown, it was a big deal at that time, you know, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth......... heh :P

Amityville Horror (original) always good for a laugh, such a cult classic and can generate an eerie atmosphere in the right mood.

The Woman in Black and it was nerve janglingly brilliant.

Apparently it is a 12A Poppy? My daughter wants to see it but I think she'd be terrified!!

We just got back from Journey 2 Mysterious Island, it was actually pretty entertaining :-)

Apparently it is a 12A Poppy? My daughter wants to see it but I think she'd be terrified!!

What she might be terrified by chalie is the trailers, I don't think it was right to show them to a 12A audience. One of them was for The Devil Inside which I've seen is rated 15 .. not on at all cos there were some young kids in the audience.

Alan seems to think it might have been because it was an evening showing (8pm) .. perhaps an earlier showing wouldn't include such frightening trailers.

The Woman in Black was pretty scary though. Whenever she is glimpsed a child dies violently in the village ... Daniels character glimpses her a lot so you can guess the rest. I was terrified but your daughter is probably a lot braver than me .. I'm still haunted by images of the 'other mother' wanting to sew buttons in Coraline's eyes :D I've put a review in the Shakedown anyway, might help you decide.