The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Artist. Good, very enjoyable, and very well done but think it's been a bit over-hyped.

I really really want to see this film.

Watched a couple of films at the weekend. The first one was From Time To Time, produced by Julian Fellowes and starring Maggie Smith, Hugh Bonneville and yummy Dominic West....thoroughly enjoyed it, although apparently it is not a very faithful adaptation of the book (The Chimneys of Green Knowle by Lucy M Boston). I haven't read the book, so couldn't compare, but really liked the film.

The second film was A Damsel In Distress, from 1937, starring Fred Astaire, George Burns and Gracie Allen. And Joan Fontaine, but it was right at the start of her career, and she honestly didn't make much impression here. Astaire, Burns and Allen were terrific though. A couple of amazing dance routines (I'm more of a Gene Kelly fan, but really like watching Astaire as well), and some great one-liners from Gracie Allen. Lots and lots of fun :)

I watched the Naked Gun trilogy with my brother quite recently with my brother and have been meaning to watch the first Spiderman film for a while now....

The French Lieutenant's Woman - this was one of my favourite films when it was first released back in 1981 when I was sweet 16, so I hadn't seen it for 30 years. I was then really pleased to see a copy last week for £5 in the local garden centre, along with some more early Meryl Streep films. It was every bit as good as I remembered - very atmospheric.

Enemy of the state :)

Loved it, have seen it a couple of times. :)

Yes, it was the original. :) I loooove the old classics! I recently saw The Blob for the first time as well. :)

Me too, they crack me up!

I watched two films at the weekend - River Of No Return with Marilyn Monroe and Robert Mitchum. That was a bit like eating cheap chocolate; I knew it wasn't much good, but enjoyed it anyway.

Also watched The Omen - I only wanted to see that because I like Gregory Peck. I didn't find it particularly scary, but it was pretty riveting.

Went to see 'W.E' yesterday with a couple of friends. It is the film directed by Madonna and to be honest it was very good, we all enjoyed it. I thought the filming/directing was well done and for her first movie deserves a thumbs up from me. However, the only crit I have about it was that it was just a wee bit long, being just under 2hrs. It has two story themes that run kind of parallel. History of Mrs Simpson and Edward and the relationship from MrsS point of view and the present day with a girl who becomes a bit obsessed with finding out more about them.

One of my all time favourite!!!!

It has become one of my favourites as well. And who knew that Grant actually doesn't have a bad singing voice at all?

My daughter and I just watched 'Little Voice'. What a great talent Jane Horrocks is! I'm so impressed. I watched the movie some years ago too but didn't know at the time that Horrocks sang the songs herself! She was so lovely in 'Little Voice'. I'm surprised there aren't more movies starring her. She's amazing!

Two movies this weekend - Operation Petticoat, with Cary Grant and Tony Curtis. Very amusing!

Last night, watched Casablanca. Seen it before (more than once!); it's just brilliant. My eyes are sore today from blubbing at it :blush2:

Order of the Phoenix since I've been doing a lot of thinking about how well the Potter series goes over in a visual sense, it's a very good narrative to be able to fiddle about with on the screen.

Coach Carter. Hadn't watched that for ages. Enjoyed it.

Oh and just the Trench Scene from Sucker Punch. That's the only bit of the film worth watching.

Edited by vodkafan