The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

I like Meryl Streep too. She was very scary in 'The Devil wears Pravda' though, not nice in that movie, but thank God that's not her real character. :)

I'm very curious to watch the 'Iron Lady', I read mixed reviews about the movie. I don't know everything about Thatcher and I don't agree with everything she did and said, but I do admire her strength to reach that position as a female. Please let us know what your opinion is about that movie after you've seen it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought it was very good actually, and her portrayal of Maggie showed a different side to the woman that we love to hate, that made her appear more human and dare I say it, softer. We do after all, all have a soft side, and I am sure that Maggie was and is no exception to this - she couldn't of course show it in public, but in addition to her role as politician and prime minister, she was also a wife and mother, a fact which is easily forgotten. The film I at least thought, portrayed both of these sides brilliantly.

The next film I am looking forward to seeing is War Horse. J Edgar looks quite interesting too.

Edited by Talisman

Thanks for sharing your review. :)

Well, we were in for Rio and still Frost/Nixon to watch. That's what you get when you have children, you watch animation and then there is something more serious, sometimes it becomes an odd mixture but I actually enjoy animation movies as much as any other movie.

I looked this up Frankie and it was about caring for AIDS sufferers? Is it a documentary film as well?

I don't know what you got as a result, but the movie I watched was about a middle aged man who fell in love with a woman at the office and made his clumsy advances on her (he was a 50 years or so virgin). So maybe we're not talking about the same movie :)

I just watched Matilda. What a sweet movie, and Mara Wilson is sooo adorable :)

I don't know what you got as a result, but the movie I watched was about a middle aged man who fell in love with a woman at the office and made his clumsy advances on her (he was a 50 years or so virgin). So maybe we're not talking about the same movie :)

I guess not!!

Coran and I are going to see the Iron Lady this afternoon. I am not a Maggie Thatcher fan, but do love Meryl Streep.

Noooo!! I can't believe they have an American to play Maggie Thatcher. Might as well get Samuel L. Jackson to play her! :doh:

Edited by vodkafan

Might as well get Samuel L. Jackson to play her! :doh:

I might actually have paid to see that. I can imagine him playing her at Prime Minister's question time:

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my government. And you will know my name is Maggie when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"

:giggle2:

I watched
The Incredible Shrinking Man
a couple of nights ago. Excellent movie! Even better because I was not expecting the ending.

Was that the original? I remember seeing it when it came out..../shivers/ :D

Went to the cinema this week and caught The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Brilliant work from Fincher and the cast. Daniel Craig but in a very good performance and Rooney Mara was absolutely amazing as Lisbeth. You could see how much she'd absorbed herself into the role of the character.

Mara was totally Lisbeth, wasn't she. I was quite amazed, and pleased.

Oh, meant to say, we watched Regarding Henry a few nights ago. Harrison Ford playes a high powered lawyer that is shot in the head during a convenience store robbery. I'm not giving away anything, it happens very near the beginning, and is the premise of the film.

The film charts his recovery, both physically and how he changes his life's goals. Annette Benning was wonderful as well.

Edited by pontalba

Anonymous, which is pretty good, especially if youre a fan of Shakespeare. ;)

Isn't that the one all the Shakespeare fans are up in arms about Kell? I do wonder what Giulia thinks about it.

I might actually have paid to see that. I can imagine him playing her at Prime Minister's question time:

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my government. And you will know my name is Maggie when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"

:giggle2:

Oh sublime image there Steve

Was that the original? I remember seeing it when it came out..../shivers/ :D

Yes, it was the original. :) I loooove the old classics! I recently saw The Blob for the first time as well. :)

Source Code - it was pretty good ... until the last five minutes :rolleyes:

I agree. I really didn't like the end.

The last movie I saw was Hall pass.

The Ruins - man eating plants hilarious

The movie was pretty bad, Pickle! :lol: Have you read the book? It was actually really creepy but of course they had to ruin it with the film.

I saw Ides of March last night and unfortunately I was pretty disappointed. I really wanted to like it, but it just ended up being about what I already know, that being politics is an ugly business and crooked is the name of the game. Oh well!

I just watched O'Horten. I had no idea what it was about, and the beginning was really slow going, but then I got into it and I loved it! :smile2:

Vodkafan, you might like the movie, keep an eye out for it :) (It was a Norwegian movie)

Edited by frankie