The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

Coran and I went to the US version of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last Night. I am a real fan of both the books and the Swedish films, which I must have seen at least half a dozen times now, but I was willing to keep an open mind to the possiblity that the US version might be better. I wouldn't say that it was better, but it was different and it would be fair to say, much closer to the book. I don't know whether they plan to film the other two books, but hope so, as if this one is anything to go by, they would be even better.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just finished watching 'Hugo'. It wasn't what I expected at all, but I loved it. It's imaginative, funny and I also love its homage to film history.

One thing I do find rather odd however, is that the film has an all British cast (as far as I could tell) and yet, is set in France. I suppose it's better than having to listen to terrible attempts at a French accent.

Edited by karen.d

Black Swan, which I managed to get a copy of today for £5. It was brilliant and really lived up to the hype - so much so that I am going to go online in a minute and see what ballets are on at the local theatre. I used to love going and haven't for ages.

We have the book of that somewhere, was it good?

It's pretty good as adaptations go. :) The acting is a little hit and miss, but mostly it is very good. I really hope they make a sequel or two.

We watched Nanny McPhee and The Big Bang last night, which was pretty good. Haven't seen the first Nanny McPhee film but was told it wouldn't matter, so we watched this one, and I enjoyed it a lot. Loved the eccentricity of Emma Thompsons adaptation.

I loved this movie too, Emma Thompson is always great and I love movies set in this time period.

I watched How to Train Your Dragon again. I love that film :wub:

Me too :D I want a Nightfury!!

We went to see the Hollywood version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo this afternoon.

It lived up to all expectations, surpassed even. I had serious doubts about the new Salander....but she was fantastic.

Burke and Hare The Simon Pegg comedy. It fell a bit flat for me. Not many laughs. I must say it is an extraordinary subject to try to make a comedy of. After I watched it I checked on google for the true facts. The film bears almost no resemblance to real events, as might be expected.

Xan watched the Harry Potter film for the first time today and loved it. He even discussed it with Dale afterwards and again in his bed - LOL! He's becoming quite the little film buff, my lad. ;)

My hubby and I went to see Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol in cinema. Absolutely brilliant!

Movies on t.v. over christmas, where do I start: -

Sleepless in Seattle

City of Angels

You've got mail

Bedknobs and broomsticks

The History of Mr Polly, Lee Evans

Muppets Christmas Carol

Bugsy Malone

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

The Holiday

It's a wonderful life

Watched Senna on dvd - had already seen this in cinema in June but it is a fantastic movie

I watched other movies but mind has now gone blank, ashamed to say that I hardly picked up a book over christmas. I did leave the sofa before you ask as the dog still needed to be walked! Apart from that the house could have fallen down round me over Christmas and I may not have noticed. When else can you indulge yourself if not at Christmas!