The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

We are clearly film watching book loving folk, so it is time to start a new thread on the subject...

I haven't watched any films of late, but I have been working my way through the 1980's television short series 'The Day Of The Triffids'. I am actually enjoying this pretty good adaptation. :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

:woohoo: Yeah!!! Only one of the best films of all time, Kylie. Nice choice!!

This morning I finished watching (started it late Thursday night) another one on my 'best' list, 'Lost in Translation.'

:woohoo: Yeah!!! Only one of the best films of all time, Kylie. Nice choice!!

This morning I finished watching (started it late Thursday night) another one on my 'best' list, 'Lost in Translation.'

Thanks! I haven't seen it for a few years so it was nice to reacquaint myself with it. The version I watched on TV the other day had a couple of scenes that I could swear I have never seen before. That's the not the first time that I've found out that my official video version of a movie was actually incomplete. irked.gif For instance, the scene where Roy starts building the monument in his living room. I've never seen the part where he goes outside and starts tearing up the garden and throwing stuff through the window. huh.gif

Thanks! I haven't seen it for a few years so it was nice to reacquaint myself with it. The version I watched on TV the other day had a couple of scenes that I could swear I have never seen before. That's the not the first time that I've found out that my official video version of a movie was actually incomplete. irked.gif For instance, the scene where Roy starts building the monument in his living room. I've never seen the part where he goes outside and starts tearing up the garden and throwing stuff through the window. huh.gif

What??!! That's crazy talk! Wow, I've always known about that scene - how weird that an official video version cut that out? I'm sorry, Kylie, that really sucks.

I watched two movies yesterday Amazing Grace which made my eyes wet, and Paul which almost made me wet myself with non-stop laughter :D

Saw Transformers 3 at the cinema. Really enjoyed it, then again I liked Transformers as a kid and I love summer action movies that don't try to be anything that overly clever. 3d on it was also excellent, seems Michael Bay understands that 3d don't work if you wave the camera round like its on a piece of string. He slowed the action down so the frame rate wasn't an issue during complex 3d scenes.

TV: Dinner for Schmucks - its pretty good in parts but you can see that its a translation as I don't think Hollywood ever quite gets farce the way in which its played out in europe.

Seen quite a few recently on DVD, last of which was 40 Year Old Virgin again last night. Classic.

I've been watching a lot of The Exorcist lately for various reasons, over the last couple of years I've managed to melt below the somewhat volatile and pretty heavy imagery and subliminal invasions that the film has to offer. I have always been absolutely compelled by the concept and execution, how darn powerful the whole package is. Now it's the subtle details and workings I find most eerie and discover them creeping on me somewhere inside rather than conjuring up god awful images of the decaying Regan! Wonderful film though, nothing and I mean NOTHING, I partake in much horror involvements and nothing has ever touched that tale for impact and dark allure. I'll be watching it for a long time still, definite classic.

I've been watching a lot of The Exorcist lately for various reasons, over the last couple of years I've managed to melt below the somewhat volatile and pretty heavy imagery and subliminal invasions that the film has to offer. I have always been absolutely compelled by the concept and execution, how darn powerful the whole package is. Now it's the subtle details and workings I find most eerie and discover them creeping on me somewhere inside rather than conjuring up god awful images of the decaying Regan! Wonderful film though, nothing and I mean NOTHING, I partake in much horror involvements and nothing has ever touched that tale for impact and dark allure. I'll be watching it for a long time still, definite classic.

I've seen it twice and it still scares the hell out of me, to the point where I actually don't think I'd want to watch it again :lol: Have you read the book?

I watched The Two Towers extended edition on blu-ray. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would - it's my least favourite of the LotR films.

For some reason I also found myself watching Tremors, Jaws and Jaws 2, all on ITV4, despite the fact I've seen them loads of times. Can't believe I sat through adverts when I own the first two films on dvd :rolleyes::doh: