The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

Well it's situated in Paris but most people speak English with a British accent. It's kind of weird at first, text in the film (ie. a book) is all in French yet the characters speak English, but once you get over that it's quite a good film. The music is French-ish, though I don't know if any French people helped make the film (the film is based on some real characters btw, I mean people who actually lived in the 1930's).

It's a bit of a mix then :D I like the fact that it's based on real people. I'm going to write the name of the movie down and see if I could catch it sometime somewhere, thanks! :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Hobbit, which was rather disappointing, and too long. God knows what they're going to do with the other two films

That's promising, I'm going next week. :giggle:

It seems that I unconsciously and without intention went for children's movies today :D I just watched Risto Räppääjä ja polkupyörävaras, a Finnish children's movie, and I really enjoyed it. There are more of Risto Räppääjä movies out there, I definitely want to watch the others, too.

Okay, I promise, no more movie updates today after this one: Just finished Because I Said So, which I really, really liked. A great romantic comedy. Kylie, Lauren Graham was in it! (Although in a minor role, but still) And the lead dude was cute. And Diane Keaton was great. And there was this absolutely adorable golden retriever in it, too!

I think I'm going to save this one on my digibox so I can watch it again some time.

That's promising, I'm going next week. :giggle:

Well I hope you enjoy it more than I did. It seems to be a bit of a marmite film.

Saw Jack Reacher on Friday, It was a bit absurd, and funny (although according to my friend the books are meant to be comedy thrillers), quite enjoyed it.

Oranges and Sunshine - about a British social worker who uncovered the scandal of children deported to Australia without their parents konwledge or consent.

Edited by Talisman

O Brother Where Art Thou?

Muggle recommended this one to me and it's the funniest movie I've seen in a long time. It has the most wonderful assortment of characters and I laughed nearly the whole way through. It's a Coen Brother production which is a recommendation in itself. It's got some great music in it too (see video :D )

Just finished Because I Said So, which I really, really liked. A great romantic comedy. Kylie, Lauren Graham was in it! (Although in a minor role, but still) And the lead dude was cute. And Diane Keaton was great. And there was this absolutely adorable golden retriever in it, too!

Cool, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for it!

Oranges and Sunshine - about a British social worker who uncovered the scandal of children deported to Australia without their parents konwledge or consent.

I've heard of that. Was it good?

O Brother Where Art Thou?

Muggle recommended this one to me and it's the funniest movie I've seen in a long time. It has the most wonderful assortment of characters and I laughed nearly the whole way through. It's a Coen Brother production which is a recommendation in itself.

Love that film! Like all Coen brothers films tbh.

I saw The Hobbit last week. I really enjoyed it, I'm glad it doesn't get too far into the book as I'm currently reading the hobbit. My colleague and I are contemplating having a read-off; we're going to read The Fellowship of the Ring at the same time and see who gets the furthest. Has anyone already read the first book, am I doomed?

Crazy Stupid Love; it wasn't anything special, apart from the (I thought) amusing scene towards the end where they fight David Lindhagen (and eachother). I did need something not too mentally demanding to watch and that it was :D