The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

I went to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel last night - what a fantastic film! We read the book on which it's based (These Foolish Things) for Book Club a few years ago. The film isn't the same story but it's definitely one of those cases where the film is better than the book! I really want to go and see it again!

Can't WAIT to see this!!. What an extraordinary cast of actors. My friend and I are scanning the papers to see when it comes out in our little local town. :readingtwo:

Edited by poppy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like to see it, too. My Mum and I saw an ad for it at the movies and Mum was in fits of laughter during the trailer. It's exactly her type of movie, so I might take her to see it (although she only goes to the movies about once every five years!)

I finally saw the Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr today (that is, RD Jr was in it, not watching it with me ;)). I thought it was pretty good.

Can't WAIT to see this!!. What an extraordinary cast of actors. My friend and I are scanning the papers to see when it comes out in our little local town. :readingtwo:

Just watched the trailer of The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel on IMDb, and an interview with Judi Dench....looks fantastic! We were laughing like crazy at just the adverts! :D

Yes, Carrey is actually a very good straight actor. He was heartbreaking in The Truman Show, and terrific in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (although I wasn't mad keen on Eternal Sunshine).

Last film I watched was Top Hat, with Astaire and Rogers. Great! Light hearted, fluffy storyline with beautiful dancing and lots of laughs :)

Watched a film called TiMER, Quite an interesting concept and a new take on a romcom that isn't really cheesy and just for girls. heres the synopsis...

"Finding true love is easier than ever thanks to a bio-technological implant called the TiMER, which counts down to the exact time people meet their soul mates. Love-starved Oona is pushing 30, but her TiMER hasn't even started counting down yet. What's worse, she's falling for a guy who is set to meet his true love in four months. Newcomer Jac Schaeffer crafts a smart romantic comedy that leaves behind the burning question... would you want to know?"

Not deeply emotional but a fun film, certainly recommended checking it out... but not paying to see it.

I saw Midnight in Paris over the weekend and LOVED it! It was so good and so right up my alley. A wonderful film that I would highly recommend :D.

Edited by Peacefield

Watched the third Bourne film last night - Bourne Ultimatum.

I appreciate how gripping they've managed to keep each one - none of the sloppiness that sequels usually suffer from.

The Town. Very silly but quite enjoyable.

Ooh I'm half way through that. We started watching it Sunday night and hopefully will finish it tonight.

I went to see A Woman In Black on the weekend. I thought it was OK. It has a slow start but does pick up towards the end. There's a lot of Daniel Radcliffe sitting alone in a creepy old house hearing spooky noises and not so much dialogue. But it wasn't bad. Very spooky that's for sure.

A very funny gay film called But I'm a Cheerleader. It is a laugh a minute.

Despite having many many films waiting to be watched by me, Luc Besson's 'The Fifth Element'. I love this film so much! :D

I love this film too Chrissy! Have to rewatch it again soon.

Just finished watching Perfect Sense with Ewan McGregor and Eva Green. Thought it was absolutely amazing! The premise is that there is a disease which is causing everyone to lose there senses one by one. It focuses around two people who meet just before the epidemic breaks out and follows there love.

Brilliantly made film with no CGI. Acting is amazing, beautifully intertwines the impact of the disease on the world and the relationship between McGregor and Green. This is how films should be made, strongly recommend it.