The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Host odd combination of comedy and shock Korean film. I have seen the beginning so many times that last night I decided I would stay up until nearly 2am to watch the rest. Was it worth it? Probably not but its Sunday today so I can have a lie in

Is that the one with the big mutant river monster pickle? I like that film. I think there is another (American)film with the same name though about something totally different.

I thought parts of that film were brilliant. I liked it, but I didn't think it was quite as good as I'd hoped it would be after the first 10 or 15 minutes :)

Is that the one with the big mutant river monster pickle? I like that film. I think there is another (American)film with the same name though about something totally different.

I thought parts of that film were brilliant. I liked it, but I didn't think it was quite as good as I'd hoped it would be after the first 10 or 15 minutes :)

Thats the one, the mutant river monster who looked very comical in a horrible sort of way, you certainly couldn'e be frightened of it. The first few minutes were the best probably why I have seen them so many times but also glad I stayed til the end to watch it all the way through. I like that they put comedy elements into these sorts of things and its not all gore and horror though makes it more watchable for me.

Thats the one, the mutant river monster who looked very comical in a horrible sort of way, you certainly couldn'e be frightened of it. The first few minutes were the best probably why I have seen them so many times but also glad I stayed til the end to watch it all the way through. I like that they put comedy elements into these sorts of things and its not all gore and horror though makes it more watchable for me.

I liked the comedy too. Also the way that it was more about how the disfunctional family all pulled together rather than the monster itself. Parts of it were quite subversively anti-American as well, did you catch that? About how the Americans caused the monster in the first place then they were pulling the strings of the government trying to cover it up. It made me wonder if this is how South Koreans really feel.

I liked the comedy too. Also the way that it was more about how the disfunctional family all pulled together rather than the monster itself. Parts of it were quite subversively anti-American as well, did you catch that? About how the Americans caused the monster in the first place then they were pulling the strings of the government trying to cover it up. It made me wonder if this is how South Koreans really feel.

I did get the anti US message it was well done in the context of the film, the scene with the doctor in one scene commiserating and asking why he hadn't gone to the police/media when he discovered his daughter was alive and in the next basically saying he would operate to cover up their mistakes.

I loved the family dynamic though, thought the old father was brilliantly done he alone sympathise with his buffoon son although when he tried to explain why the other two they had fallen asleep. Of them all, the young daughter was the main hero of the story, she was brilliantly played.

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale.

I don't quite know what I just saw.

:giggle2: :giggle2: I know exactly what you mean Nollaig! Me and the kids were in shock afterwards for a couple of hours. I liked it though....

I watch dvd but not movie I think tv show but I love this too much and never see before. It was call Little House on the Prairie and from America. Very good show for family and sad but still I want to watch more. Dvd has 2 more shows and I will watch them and look for more dvds of this great show.

Hello Peacefield no I don't know before about book but last night I read on google internet about Laura Ingall Wilder and also book and show. Dvd I watch was not show it was tv movie about show. I watch 1 more movie last night and was Christmas show about crazy lady steal little girl Rose and then mother father have to find her and take back. Movie make wife cry and me too even but happy after.

We haven't been watching any films lately, mostly because we have been catching up in NCIS, all 8 and a half seasons worth. :smile2:

However, tonight we watched something interesting. Interesting, if you like twisty films like, say for example, Memento or Inception. This one tonight is from the same writer/producer, Christopher Nolan, called Following. He does seem to like one word titles, eh? :cool:

Following was his first film, and literally shot on a shoe string. At first it was hard to follow, what with the time shifts, and non linear style. But finally, the penny dropped, and we loved it.

Here is the IMDb link for the synopsis. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0154506/

Oh, Insomnia with Al Pacino was another one of his films.

Edited by pontalba

We watched A Foreign Field last night, with Lauren Becall, Jeanne Moreau, Alec Guinness, Geraldine Chaplin, and many more. A lovely film that featured ex-soldiers returning to Normandy Beach, their D-Day landing site. It's funny, sad, and heart rending.

No one better than Alec Guinness. /sigh/ :)

Predators. Nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be :lol:

I saw that recently too. :) I've never seen any of the other Predator movies, so I don't know how it compares, but I enjoyed it reasonably well.

I don't think I've ever seen Scarlett Johansson in a movie before, but I caught two movies in two nights in which she plays a homewrecker (Match Point and He's Just Not That Into You). Weird.

I also watched The Front Page, with Susan Sarandon, Jack Lemmon and Waltar Matthau. Excellent movie. I didn't realise it was so 'recent'!