The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

I saw Rise of the Apes at the weekend which I would give 5 stars. It was brilliant, and that's coming from me.. I both dislike apes and films about apes, but it was great!

Also saw capt. America, and thought it was mediocre. the only reason I watch the marvel films is because Joss Whedon is directing The Avengers! :P

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm scared of rise of the Apes. I know the original story so well, and the way they've made it look.... that's.... it's about EVOLUTION, damnit. Not superinjections!

Yeah, I don't get that either. I haven't seen it yet, but it seems to also ignore the whole thing with Cornelius and Zira going back in time and having baby Caesar (who grows up to lead the ape rebellion) in the present-day :huh:

Still, it is a reboot I suppose - and it's got to better than the Tim Burton 'attempt' :irked:

Edited by Karsa Orlong

Watched Dazed and Confused for 10000000th time last night. I will never get sick of that film. Also, I saw Anastasia (the animation by Don Bluth) with my adorable niece. Enjoyed that film although it's very inaccurate portrayal of what happened to the real life Anastasia.

I'm scared of rise of the Apes. I know the original story so well, and the way they've made it look.... that's.... it's about EVOLUTION, damnit. Not superinjections!

Aye, I was worried about the whole remake thing, as the original was SO clever and I was worried about how much of the story they had changed, but I have to admit, I really enjoyed it and I didn't think I would. They take the original story into consideration, I mean, I'm not going to say they didn't change it for their own benefit, but the changes they did make were kind of nice, and fitting, and worked well! I recommend! :P

The Prince and the Showgirl - 1957 movie starring Laurence Olivier and Marilyn Monroe. It was the only film that Marilyn made outside of America - it was made and set in London. Olivier and Monroe did not get on at all during filming. He became impatient with her moods and tardiness, while she had various health problems (causing problems for wardrobe who had to make three copies of the dress she wore for most of the film, to accommodate her weight which fluctuated due to her medication), and she sadly suffered a miscarriage while filming.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster - but I absolutely adored this movie. Olivier was fine in his role, even if he did ham it up a bit (he also directed the film), but Marilyn totally sparkled, and stole the movie right from under his nose.

It's not a highly regarded film, but I'm ver glad that I took the time to watch it :)

Currently watching the remake of The Flight of the Phoenix. Who knew Hugh Laurie was in it! :o I don't think I'm going to like it as much as the first but oh well.

Is that the one where a plane crashes in the desert? If so, I've seen the original, which I think had Jimmy Stewart in it.