The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't watch alot of movies but I recntly watched Mother and Child which was really good but I felt like there was something missing though, but the acting was astonishing! I'm also a Studio Ghibli fan and so I watched The Borrower Arrietty which I think is the lates film from them, absoloutly loved it! The artwork is amazing and the story is so charming and adventourous ^_^

I'm also a Studio Ghibli fan and so I watched The Borrower Arrietty which I think is the lates film from them, absoloutly loved it! The artwork is amazing and the story is so charming and adventourous ^_^

I'm a fan of Studio Ghibli too imma, I can't wait to see The Borrower Arrietty :)

I've seen it twice and it still scares the hell out of me, to the point where I actually don't think I'd want to watch it again :lol: Have you read the book?

I've read about half of the book a while ago, I think it is quite faithful but Blatty wrote the script if I remember? There is actually a nice bit of constructive criticism he narrates during an interview alongside Friedkin who directed it, I think this is in a re-release or something. It IS a terrifying piece of cinema but beautiful at the same time, and boy has it taken me years and years to finally get around to viewing the thing in this way! The scariest parts are the subtle and what are supposed to be relatively 'normal' things, so even if you get past the surface creepiness, you're still going to be in trouble! It's quite harrowing that you don't have a 'solid' reason to be undone by those moments, atmosphere makes it all!

Edited by Rawr

I finally saw the last Harry Potter last night! I haven't read the book since it first came out (shame on me), so I was unable to really compare and contrast, but I liked what I saw. It was a shame that so many characters just made cameo appearances and barely had any lines, but I guess it would be hard to give them all decent screen time. I loved the Snape scenes and I loved seeing McGonagall in action. I love Maggie Smith!

I also watched Mary Poppins last weekend. I haven't seen it in a while and it's interesting how one's perception changes over time. One thing that hasn't changed: I adore Julie Andrews. She is the most beautiful, graceful, elegant woman around, with the most stunning voice to boot. :smile2:

'Geez, Banana! Shut your freakin' gob!' ~ I love that line :)

:lol: I love that line too, Weave! All of the dialogue in that movie is just the best.

I have Lost in Translation on in the background right now :D.

:lol: I love that line too, Weave! All of the dialogue in that movie is just the best.

I have Lost in Translation on in the background right now :D.

:D

The last film I watched was 'Blade' :)

I saw 'Paul' this week, and absolutely loved it. I laughed so hard, and there are just so many references made to other Sci-Fi and fantasy films I will have to watch it again just to log them all. Loved it, just so daft and chuckle worthy. :D