Amazon & HDNL?

simongrant

Hi BCF,my latest order from amazon has been dispatched :D the first 3 licoln ryhmes books by jeffery deaver and full dark,no stars by stephen king,however just noticed its being delivered by HDNL :( I had not heard of this courier before so did a search,wish I hadnt bothered although its one of the best horror stories I have ever read :lol: Can anyone offer me hope that I will get my delivery in one piece and before the next passing of hales comet????

Hi Chrissy,thanks for the reply,I have not paid for this delivery its on the free super saver delivery but I'm assuming because its a larger order than usual that this courier is being used,all my other smaller orders came free via royal mail without problems

You are obviously in the UK, the same as what I am, have not experienced this before, when I order books and it is just one book it arrives with the postman, like one did this morning, if I order more than one book like I did a while ago, it still came by Royal Mail, but with the post van. I also order by free delivery, the book I ordered on Sunday, was sent out yesterday and arrived today, so I feel it is hardly worth paying for delivery on books.

You are obviously in the UK, the same as what I am, have not experienced this before, when I order books and it is just one book it arrives with the postman, like one did this morning, if I order more than one book like I did a while ago, it still came by Royal Mail, but with the post van. I also order by free delivery, the book I ordered on Sunday, was sent out yesterday and arrived today, so I feel it is hardly worth paying for delivery on books.

Hi VanessaL,this is usually the same scenario with me and always been very happy with royal mail,this latest order is for 10+ books (one is for my 16 month old daughter,a book and soft toy box set) and also ps3 game for my son.I was surprised when it came up with via HDNL and not royal mail so I had a search round the net and from what I read they are a bit of a disaster when it comes to delivering parcels,over 2000 negative comments about them on amazon alone I believe,anyway I have been given an estimated delivery date of 25/07/11 and I ordered the products on the 17th. There was one item, a wii game for my daughter that was sent from a different supplier but through amazon and that arrived this morning via royal mail having been dispatched yesterday,this is great service,anyway I'm gonna start swan song from my TBR shelf rather than hang on for my jeffrey deaver books,am I showing confidence in HDNL? :D

Edited by simongrant

Hi Simon

Having a look on the internet under HDNL, I think it is the same company that deliver catalogue items. I have seen them round quite a bit, if Amazon have had so many negative feedbacks from customers, then why do they keep using them.

I find with Amazon it is not worth paying for postage, I have ordered books over the weekend and they have been sent out on Monday and arrived on Tuesday, I ordered a book on Sunday and it arrived this morning, probably the same as if you paid the postage for it.

I hope you receive your items by the 25th with no problems.

Hi VanessaL,this is usually the same scenario with me and always been very happy with royal mail,this latest order is for 10+ books (one is for my 16 month old daughter,a book and soft toy box set) and also ps3 game for my son.I was surprised when it came up with via HDNL and not royal mail so I had a search round the net and from what I read they are a bit of a disaster when it comes to delivering parcels,over 2000 negative comments about them on amazon alone I believe,anyway I have been given an estimated delivery date of 25/07/11 and I ordered the products on the 17th. There was one item, a wii game for my daughter that was sent from a different supplier but through amazon and that arrived this morning via royal mail having been dispatched yesterday,this is great service,anyway I'm gonna start swan song from my TBR shelf rather than hang on for my jeffrey deaver books,am I showing confidence in HDNL? :D

If its a HDNL package you can track it. All HDNL packages get tracking numbers so you can see exactly where it is up until delivery either in your amazon account or take the number and punch it straight into HDNL's site.

A relief is an understatement,very happy now,will finish swan song which is great so far and then onto the lincoln rhymes books which are new for me but very much looking forward to them :)

Jolly good.

It's just the way the internet works, isn't it? Those with complaints will shout loudest, whilst the ones who are happy are busy getting on with reading their books (or whatever they ordered) :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. :) I should have said but I was asking on behalf of a friend who wasn't sure whether to get something delivered to her home or her place of work (in case it came via courier and needed a signature) - but I don't think it's possible to know in advance how they're going to despatch it - or if it is I can't see.

I think she'll probably have it delivered to where she works to be on the safe side now. :) Thanks for replying. :)