Your Favourite Stephen King Novels

scordie

Your Fave Stephen King Novels  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What are your fave Stephen King novels (pick 3)?

• Carrie
    • Salem's Lot
    • The Dead Zone
    • The Stand
    • The Shining
    • Christine
    • The Green Mile
    • The Tommyknockers
    • Misery
    • The Eyes of the Dragon

I suppose I will refrain from throwing anything at you Benj! Cell is okay but nothing more than a good old gore yawn, which isn't BAD because King writes a lot of entertaining bloodfests lol, it's nowhere close to his best work but I suppose he just wanted to get another apocalyptic lite out of his system.

• 5 weeks later...

Well I've only read Carrie so far, and found that to be very good, it kept me interested throughout, although I'm sure some of his other work is better....I'm reading Just After Sunset now and a bit dissapointed so far, I've read the first 3 stories and couldn't tell you what I remember of them already..not a good sign :(

• 3 weeks later...

The Gunslinger series was probably my favorite closely followed by "IT" and "The Stand".

I just purchased "Full Dark, No Stars", has anyone read this book.

Off-topic, while on vacation this year in Maine we visited my 88 year old aunt and took her out to dinner at the York Harbor Inn which sits on the ocean. During dinner she told us that she did an ancestor search and traced her ancestors back to 1600. she said that she discovered that one of her ancestors (male) was convicted of being one of the Salem Witches. Now, what is really unbelievable is that her next door neighbor's ancestor was the judge that convicted him.

Edited by muggle not

Out of the ones I've read so far, my favourites have been The Stand, Cujo, Different Seasons (especially The Breathing Method. That one really stayed on my mind for a while), Carrie, Under The Dome and the Long Walk.

Edited by Abcinthia

I picked The Stand (full version), Misery and Green Mile (I was one of those people who bought the serialisation and was on tenterhooks waiting for the next part for the whole month!).... Hard though cos I really loved them all (except the Tommyknockers - really didn't click with the alien theme)

But then agree with some of the comments re absentees. IT and Pet Semetary I loved too, really enjoyed Full Dark No Stars, def recommend that one. Finished Under the Dome which was another great epic

Enjoy almost all of them - tough to choose just three out of all those books!! And I still get crept out by Gerald's Game! LOL

I want to read all of them again now! Especially the Dark Tower series - it is a brilliant first line, yup, I struggled a little with the pace of the first book but as each book came out they picked up - and I enjoyed them all.

I enjoy the little references to his other books, some of which so subtle that only a "constant reader" would pick up. Nice touch

OK, I'll shut up now!!!!!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like teh way that King write his books but i'm voted for "The Eyes of the Dragon" becouse if the first book i read, much time ago :smile:

"The Stand" is another book i like.

I have two books from "Dark Tower" but i'm not feel ready to end the series...

Sorry for my english, i'm a little italian's donkey :giggle2:

• 1 month later...

It was a difficult choice between 'Misery' or 'The Stand', but even though I haven't even finished this yet, I still think that 'The Stand' is the best Stephen King novel I have ever read. The only word that I can find to describe it is 'Epic'.

• 4 weeks later...