Afterwards- Rosamund Lupton

Hey all,

I see there is a thread for this author's previous book which I bought last year, read some of it, then stopped for some unknown reason! I then proceeded to purchase Afterwards about 2 weeks ago.

I came home today from work and finished the last 200 pages in about 3 hours. I loved this book, it was amazing from start to finish and really kept me guessing as well as dealing with several different issues, it was a very different and well written take on your typical crime novel. I love crime novels, but I do really enjoy Rosamund Lupton's take on it with family, love and friends that come into Afterwards.

I don't know how to do a spoiler thing, so I don't want to reveal too much of what I thought of the ending, but if you've read it and loved it post here!

I am going to read Sister now :)

I'll add a synopsis for those who have not read it:

There is a fire and they are in There. They are in there . . .

Black smoke stains a summer blue sky. A school is on fire. And one mother, Grace, sees the smoke and runs. She knows her teenage daughter Jenny is inside. She runs into the burning building to rescue her.

Afterwards, Grace must find the identity of the arsonist and protect her family from the person who's still intent on destroying them. Afterwards, she must fight the limits of her physical strength and discover the limitlessness of love. (Taken from amazon)