The NIght Circus - Erin Morgenstern

chaliepud

• 11 months later...

The+Night+Circus+UK.jpg

Has anybody read this yet? What did you think? I have just finished reading it today. It was magical, I didn't want to the end. Such an enchanting book. Mystery, magic, illusion, competition, romance, true love and obviously everything exciting that happens within a circus.

If you haven't read it, I really do recommend it!

I read it last year, I found the first half a bit slow but once it picked up I quite enjoyed it.. The final few chapters were the best of the book.. :)

I understand what you mean, once it started going I found it magical and your right about the final few chapters being the best, I didn't want it the end but when it did I thought it ended perfectly, I was left satisfied and happy. It was wonderful

• 1 year later...

What do you all think of THE NIGHT CIRCUS by ERIN MORGENSTERN ?
I initially thought 'wow' this is so different and enjyoyable and loved the first few chapters. Then, it became a slight slog, but still enjoyable, and finally just became a slog.I still don't know why. I really enjoy a quirky book, and this had it in spades.Interesting characters, and well written too, but I think that it probably needed editing down to have been a perfect read for me.Somewhere along the way I simply lost interest.

Edited by Michelle
merged with existing thread