Thread of Good Vibes

Kylie

I'm not sure if this is a silly idea, but let's see...

I know that on a chatty, popular forum such as the wonderful BCF, we can all sometimes feel overlooked or forgotten amongst all the other wonderful people here.

Whether you are a newbie who is trying to 'break in' to an established forum, an 'old-timer' who feels like the new upstarts have taken over, or someone who is neither here nor there, we can all do with hugs and messages of support from time to time, and I don't think we should be afraid to ask for it.

So I wanted to started a thread full of lovin', where we can come and ask for hugs, complain about how no-one posts on our threads or just say 'Look at me! I'm here and I'm tired of being forgotten!' Everyone will be guaranteed replies and as many hugs as the forum will allow us to give. So come on out of the woodwork, all my shy little vegemites, and give us all a kick in the backside to remind us you're still around because, the fact of the matter is, we all care about each other, but sometimes we just forget, don't have enough time, etc to tell each other.

In thinking about all this, I realise that one person is probably more overlooked than anyone else around here, and that's our Most Venerable Michelle, the Creator of BCF, without whom none of us would be here. I will never be able to thank Michelle enough for creating this forum and allowing me to make lifelong friends around the world. I would insert an 'I bow down to you' smiley right about here, but this is the closest I could find -->:thud: Thank you Michelle. :flowers2:

Let's share the love! :wub:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a lovely idea Kylie, so big hug to you for a start. Rofl to 'all my shy little vegemites' .....are you sure that translates in the northern hemisphere??? :friends3:

I want to send a hug to Katrina, who's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :empathy:

And I'll add my vote of appreciation to Michelle, for the best run forum I've ever been on and all the hard work she does behind the scenes :friends0:

What a lovely idea Kylie, so big hug to you for a start. Rofl to 'all my shy little vegemites' .....are you sure that translates in the northern hemisphere??? :friends3:

Aw, thanks Poppy. I'm hoping the quote will translate because I think Dame Edna uses it a lot and she is now known fairly well (heaven help us) in America and, I think, England.

I want to send a hug to Katrina, who's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :empathy:

Indeed! :friends0: And hugs for my friend Ben, who I think is a little underappreciated sometimes (I hope you don't mind me saying that, Ben :friends0:).

Aw, thanks Poppy. I'm hoping the quote will translate because I think Dame Edna uses it a lot and she is now known fairly well (heaven help us) in America and, I think, England.

Indeed! :friends0: And hugs for my friend Ben, who I think is a little underappreciated sometimes (I hope you don't mind me saying that, Ben :friends0:).

I'm sure Dame Edna's well known in England, after all she's advisor to the Queen :lol:

And Ben!!! We wuuuuuuvvvvvv you !!! :empathy:

Edited by poppy

I'm about to have some vegemite on toast! :o

A good vibe thread? So long as we can have a comfy sofa and some decent snacks and refreshments to accompany our book reading, then I'm in. :D

:hug: Hugs to all that need them, and all that don't.

*goes to check hug trunks, to make sure they're full*

Thanks everyone. blush.gif

Chrissy, I can't believe I forgot the snacks! Here we go:

JC_cookies.gif

Tuck in everyone! (Chrissy, feel free to take extra cookies to wash the taste of the Vegemite out of your mouth. ;) How did it go?)

Aww Kylie, thank you very much. :friends0:

Excellent idea by the way, I know a lot of people feel a bit down on this forum when posts go unrecognised; after all it would be impossible to reply to everyone's. Hugs and appreciation for anyone that's feeling down at the minute, cheer up. :friends3:

Last of all thanks once more to Michelle for running what is one of the best forums I have ever had the pleasure of being apart of; the community spirit around here is like nothing I've ever experienced online, and it's meant a lot to me in previous moments of sadness. Same to all the Moderators that help keep things pleasant and organised. Lastly, to all you members, some of which I've grown to know and trust more than people in real life; without all you lovely people that frequent the forum, it wouldn't be the same. :friends0:

You are all wonderful people.

As I said in the other thread, the world is blessed because you all exist.

Don't ever forget that!

Do the smarty pants dance. :e010:

I think this thread is a really good idea :)

When I first joined the forum I thought I'd end up feeling a little left out as everybody seemed to know each other pretty well already but you're all lovely and I'm really glad I found this forum!

So thanks for giving me somewhere to post my ramblings on literature! I hope I can get to know all of you better and here's a hug for all of you from me :friends0:

Great thread idea Kylie :)

Sending loads of good vibes to Lovesreading, we are all thinking of you hen :hug: :hug: :hug:

Wonderful idea! :friends0: to everybody an :empathy: to everybody who needs it.

P.S. Sorry to ask a stupid question, but, as a German, I have some problems with the English idioms. What is that with the vegemites?

P.S. Sorry to ask a stupid question, but, as a German, I have some problems with the English idioms. What is that with the vegemites?

Hugs back to you too LittleW. :friends0:

Vegemite (pronounced vejjy mite) is an Australian savoury paste that's made from yeast extract and used in sandwiches and on toast.

An Australian comedian / comedienne, Barry Humphries has an act where he dresses as a woman and calls himself Dame Edna Everage. One of 'her' affectionate terms for people is vegemites. I would guess that it works because a mite is also a term for small children (and little bugs!).

Can an Australian member tell me if I'm right please? :D And if I'm wrong just send me a hug, a cookie and a correction. :wink:

Hugs back to you too LittleW. :friends0:

Vegemite (pronounced vejjy mite) is an Australian savoury paste that's made from yeast extract and used in sandwiches and on toast.

An Australian comedian / comedienne, Barry Humphries has an act where he dresses as a woman and calls himself Dame Edna Everage. One of 'her' affectionate terms for people is vegemites. I would guess that it works because a mite is also a term for small children (and little bugs!).

Can an Australian member tell me if I'm right please? :D And if I'm wrong just send me a hug, a cookie and a correction. :wink:

:lol: It would be so much fun to have you on and lead you completely up the garden path Chrissy (shall we, shall we Kylie???) ........ but I'm not that mean. Vegemite is black and an aquired taste, I've heard it likened to axle grease by Americans. It's one of those things Aussies and Kiwis pack in their bags when travelling overseas. I read somewhere that they confiscated someone's on the Canadian border because it contained added folate.

*hands Chrissy hot buttery toast with lashings of vegemite* ......'get that down ya, possum!'

Another catchphrase of Dame Edna's is "Hello Possums!!" as she waves around a particularly bilious coloured gladiolia (her favourite flower).

Edited by poppy