Looking for zombie/post-apocalyptic books

Hello!

The title is very self-explanatory. I'm looking for good books in the zombie genre, as well as post-apocalyptic books, especially those where the world has experienced some kind of disaster or anything.

One book I liked very much is "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. And now I'm looking for more!

There is The Passage - Justin Cronin I certainly enjoyed that (post apocalyptic) and don't be put of by the word vampire in the title but there is the Vampire Apocalypse (trilogy) - Derek Gunn (I have only read the first two of these but enjoyed them)

'Riddley Walker' by Russell Hoban

'A Canticle for Leibowitz' by Walter M Miller

'The Day Of The Triffids' by John Wyndham

I can't help with the zombies, but there are plenty of zombie fans on the forum, so I'm sure they will be able to give you some excellent titles.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith

Dawn of the Dreadfuls (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies) by Jane Austen and Steve Hockensmith

Generation Dead Series by Daniel Waters ~ http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/w/daniel-waters/ (YA Series)

The Reapers are the Angels by Alden Bell

Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist

Forest of Hands and Teeth Series by Carrie Ryan ~ http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/r/carrie-ryan/ (YA Series)

:)

Why not go for a graphic novel instead and mix things up a bit: "The Walking Dead" by Robert Kirkman. I've enjoyed what I've read of it a couple of years ago and have just bought the Compendium (1000 pages) which will get me through the first few volumes en mass so to speak.

Borrowed this from amazon...Swan Song

“We’re about to cross the point of no return. God help us; we’re flying in the dark and we don’t know where the hell we’re going.”

Facing down an unprecedented malevolent enemy, the government responds with a nuclear attack. America as it was is gone forever, and now every citizen—from the President of the United States to the homeless on the streets of New York City—will fight for survival.

Swan Song is Robert McCammon’s prescient and “shocking” (John Saul) vision of a post- Apocalyptic nation, a grand epic of terror and, ultimately, renewal.

In a wasteland born of rage and fear, populated by monstrous creatures and marauding armies, earth’s last survivors have been drawn into the final battle between good and evil, that will decide the fate of humanity: Sister, who discovers a strange and transformative glass artifact in the destroyed Manhattan streets . . . Joshua Hutchins, the pro wrestler who takes refuge from the nuclear fallout at a Nebraska gas station . . . And Swan, a young girl possessing special powers, who travels alongside Josh to a Missouri town where healing and recovery can begin with Swan’s gifts. But the ancient force behind earth’s devastation is scouring the walking wounded for recruits for its relentless army, beginning with Swan herself. . . .

Added to Wishlist, as this sounds right up my alley. Shame it's not available on the Kindle though! :irked:

Because of this thread I started it 3 nights ago,about 400 pages into it and its just superb so far,it's grabbed me big time :readingtwo:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...