What do you think of?

James33

Denying human rights is a slippery slope reguardless of what the person has done, I think there is a fasination with people who are far removed from our own experiences, I'm not sure prisoners can own property while in prison as it may have been funded by crime but they can earn money while inside, the difference from manual work being a book is in the public domain...tricky question..I've seen films based on true life but haven't read any of the books they are based on...I guess I prefer fiction.

I think, it depends on what they write or how they write it. I mean, I would oppose it, if they write favouring brutality or justifying to be a criminal. But if they oppose it, I think, it's OK.

I have read a few books telling of true prison experiences. I think if the writer has regret over what he/she has done and is expressing that then it is valuable and good. Somebody who is just writing their criminal "memoir" for money or to enhance their "reputation" - that makes me feel a bit sick.

That's about what I wanted to say. But while trying to translate my thougts into a readable English, I forgot about the money. And I think, criminal should be allowed to make himself a hero that way. And no publisher should print that, for, over the economical aspect, they have some reliability over their program. Yes, to entertain, but also to educate, and every writer and publisher has the power to make the world a little better.