Emperor type books

I'm close to the end of reading the Emperor series by Conn Iggulden, I really enjoy things to do with Roman life style and war. Can anybody advise me of any books similar to the Emperor series please?

Thanks in advance.

My husband has reall enjoyed the Anthony Riches Empire series (3 books so far). Here's his website for more information.

I've had a look at the books and the summary sound good. I think I may add it to my 'to get list'

Have you tried Simon Scarrow? His Roman series (starting with Under the Eagle) is awesome. :)

I saw a book that I think was by him called Gladiator I think? Its the one with the kid holding a galdius on the front. I imagined it to be a child's heroic story type book so I never looked into it. I like the look of the Under the Eagle book, I may have a look into that further.

Thanks for both recommendations =)

Please keep them coming. The more the merrier.

I didn't mention this in my original post because I forgot but, are any of these books based on real events?

I may still get them if not but I mostly like books based on real events so I can act smart when it comes to roman discussion =)

I saw a book that I think was by him called Gladiator I think? Its the one with the kid holding a galdius on the front. I imagined it to be a child's heroic story type book so I never looked into it. I like the look of the Under the Eagle book, I may have a look into that further.

The one with a kid on the cover is a stand-alone young adult book. The Romans series, however, is definitely for the grown-ups. Start with Under the Eagle and go on from there - they really are great! :)