The Twilight Saga ~ Breaking Dawn~Part 1 Film Thread

Weave

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

^Peacefield, you are doing grand although I have a horrible feeling I made have sent you spoilers (not big spoilers because I think you bought the magazine with the same pictures in it) :D

Official The Twilight Saga ~ Breaking Dawn Part 1 Poster ~

The Newlyweds ~

BreakingDawnPart1BellaandEdward080911.jpg

Jacob of the never~ending awkwardness ('Tell me Jacob, how did you meet Renesmee?) :giggle: ~

580_breakingdawn_jacob.jpg

:)

Edited by Weave

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it's me, don't all fall over :wink: Of course I had to return to comment on the soundtrack for BD pt 1, here it is in case you haven't seen it ! The Mia Maestro song (Carmen in the film) is apparently a Spanish version of the Bruno Mars track. So, what do you all think? Not happy about the fact there's no Muse but maybe that's a good thing...

Off to catch with what everyone has been reading for the last year

• "End Tapes" – By The Joy Formidable
  • "Love Will Take You" – By Angus & Julia Stone
  • "It Will Rain" – By Bruno Mars
  • "Turning Page" – By Sleeping At Last
  • "From Now On" – By The Features
  • "A Thousand Years" – By Christina Perri
  • "Neighbors" – By Theophilus London
  • "I Didn’t Mean It" – By The Belle Brigade
  • "Sister Rosetta (2011 Version)" – By Noisettes
  • "Northern Lights" – By Cider Sky
  • "Flightless Bird, American Mouth (Wedding Version)" – By Iron & Wine
  • "Requiem On Water" – By Imperial Mammoth
  • "Cold" – By Aqualung & Lucy Schwartz
  • "Llovera" – By Mia Maestro
  • "Like A Drug (Bonus Track)" – By Hard-Fi

Edited by Fi

Welcome back, Fi, and thanks for posting the soundtrack deets! Hopefully Muse will be on the OST for part 2, huh?

I'm excited to see Joy Formidable on the list, and how cool they have a wedding version of the Iron & Wine song!! I also dig Hard Fi and the Features. The rest of the bands I haven't heard of, but I can't wait to get it!

• 1 month later...

event.png

And some merchandise ~ Click Here (Play.com)

BreakingDawnEdward.jpg

^Edward Bookmark (yes I have one :blush: )

BreakingDawnJacob.jpg

^Jacob Bookmark

Some of the items are expensive (I tend to keep to the bookmark and keyrings) :)

What are your plans for BD fellow fans? I'm going with my twi~gang on the 21st November 2011 :)

Edited by Weave

I've got a TeamEdward keyring, but have to admit, I don't bother with most of the merchandise. I have been tempted by a couple of things, but never got round to getting them.

As far as BD goes, I'll be going during the day on the 18th. One of the bigger cinemas is going a "Twiathon" on Thursday evening, showing Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse during the evening leading up to a 00:01 showing of Breaking Dawn on Friday morning. If I had someone to go with, I might be tempted, but on my own, I can see myself just falling asleep halfway through!

I've got a TeamEdward keyring, but have to admit, I don't bother with most of the merchandise. I have been tempted by a couple of things, but never got round to getting them.

As far as BD goes, I'll be going during the day on the 18th. One of the bigger cinemas is going a "Twiathon" on Thursday evening, showing Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse during the evening leading up to a 00:01 showing of Breaking Dawn on Friday morning. If I had someone to go with, I might be tempted, but on my own, I can see myself just falling asleep halfway through!

:) Sounds cool Claire but I would be the same, falling asleep :giggle: As I said, I stick to the bookmarks and keyrings, most of the stuff I have are gifts (I am very easy to buy for :D)

Edited by Weave

I'm not sure when I'm going yet! I know, it's distressing me too :lol: I have Friday the 18th off because I planned on going to the midnight showing, but my friend I always go with isn't sure she can get the time off. I could go by myself, but I'd feel really bad not seeing it with her the first time. So, if it's not midnight, I'll be going sometime later in the day on the 18th :D.

I don't have any BD merch yet, but I'll probably get a bookmark or two. I saw something at work that I might pick up as a gift ;).

I'm just gearing up for the honeymoon scene. Yes, it'll be tame, but I still can't wait to see it!!

I'm just gearing up for the honeymoon scene. Yes, it'll be tame, but I still can't wait to see it!!

We all can't wait to see it :giggle: SM and her chasteness :giggle: Does Target have a big selection of merchandise? :)

Edited by Weave

Yeah, come on SM, we're all adults here! :lol:

Target has some stuff, although I've seen a better selection at Hot Topic and Barnes & Noble. I found something on Thursday night though with your name written all over it, Weave! ;) Can't wait for you to see it!

Are you going to re-read the book? I will, but will skip the lame parts (and you know which ones those are).

I think American tv show and movie much better than Thailand or even China or korea but this tv show I think is very terrible. terrible vampires and not scary or firightful. I think funny nand vampire man seem like almost like a girl and not strong. Story not exciting and I think show terra nova is much better.

Who's bought the official soundtrack? It came out in the States today so I picked it up on my way home from work tonight. I'm still making my way through a first listen, but it's lovely so far. You can definitely say that BD is a love story! Flightless Bird (Wedding Version) is on now and it's so sweet. Sam Beam has such a great voice and it just brings back all those memories from the first film (good and bad :lol).

Let us know what you guys think when you hear the new tuneage! :D

Who's bought the official soundtrack? It came out in the States today so I picked it up on my way home from work tonight. I'm still making my way through a first listen, but it's lovely so far. You can definitely say that BD is a love story! Flightless Bird (Wedding Version) is on now and it's so sweet. Sam Beam has such a great voice and it just brings back all those memories from the first film (good and bad :lol).

Let us know what you guys think when you hear the new tuneage! :D

Will do peace, I tried to reply to your other post today but the laptop was playing up, I did plan to read 'Breaking Dawn' (minus the Jacob 'Odyssey') but I am in the middle of reading 'IQ84' by Haruki Murakami. :) And thank you in advance for the gift with my name all over it :giggle:

• 2 weeks later...

It's getting bad press in the papers :huh::(

I do wonder if these critics have even read the books because if I hadn't read the books I would of expected a lot from the last 2 films, but sadly after reading them all & loving them I did feel let down slightly by the final book & didn't think that much happened really apart from the main events. I do think this will reflect in the films becuase they've split it so can't see much happening really :o:doh:

I'm still going to see it next week though & can't wait!!

x

Edited by Star

I have read some of the reviews, I really wish they would give Twilight fans some credit though, we do have opinions. :), you either like or hate the movie, I am not the biggest fan of the book but I am looking forward to seeing it on the big screen. :)

Edited by Weave

Quick question for those who have seen the film, how sexy are the sexy scenes? My 10 year old has watched the first 3 films with me and she is desperate to see this one too, I am toying with watching it with friends first to judge if it is suitable for her?

I've been pondering this for the last couple of days, and I find it really hard to judge, as I'm not a parent and I sometimes get suitability for the age of the children wrong when people ask me. I've just been listening to the Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo podcast, and Mark Kermode reviews the film, and mentions the rating given by the BBFC and as long as you don't mind spoilers (assuming you haven't read the book), the Parents BBFC website has the reasons behind their decision for the 12A rating, and describes what sort of detail with respect to sexual content and violence you can expect in the film. Here's a link to their report: http://www.pbbfc.co.uk/filmDetail.asp?filmID=2162.