The Twilight Saga ~ Breaking Dawn~Part 1 Film Thread

Weave

Welcome to the The Twilight Saga ~ Breaking Dawn~Part 1 the film thread (many thanks to peacefield for the suggestion) :)

If you want to talk about the movie, share any information, etc, this is the place to be! :), if you have any spoilers, please use the spoiler tool (I know I'm stating the obvious, its just I'm pedantic)

BreakingDawnteaserposterMay2011-1.jpg

Synopsis (from the book) ~

To be irrevocably in love with a vampire is both fantasy and nightmare woven into a dangerously heightened reality for Bella Swan. Pulled in one direction by her intense passion for Edward Cullen, and in another by her profound connection to werewolf Jacob Black, she has endured a tumultuous year of temptation , loss, and strife to reach the ultimate turning point. Her imminent choice to either join the dark but seductive world of immortals or pursue a fully human life has become the thread from which the date of two tribes hangs.

Now Bella has made her decision; a startling chain of unprecedented events is about to unfold with potentially devastating and unfathomable consequences. Just when the frayed strands of Bella's life--first discovered in Twilight, then scattered and torn in New Moon and Eclipse--seem ready to heal and knit together, could they be destroyed...forever?

The astonishing, breathlessly anticipated conclusion to the Twilight Saga, Breaking Dawn illuminates the secrets and mysteries of this spellbinding romantic epic.

Release Dates ~

France ~ 16 November 2011

Australia ~ 17 November 2011

Greece ~ 17 November 2011

Hungary ~ 17 November 2011

New Zealand ~ 17 November 2011

Portugal ~ 17 November 2011

Thailand ~ 17 November 2011

Canada ~ 18 November 2011

Finland ~ 18 November 2011

Italy ~ 18 November 2011

Norway ~ 18 November 2011

Poland ~ 18 November 2011

Spain ~ 18 November 2011

Sweden ~ 18 November 2011

Turkey ~ 18 November 2011

UK ~ 18 November 2011

USA ~ 18 November 2011

Germany ~ 24 November 2011

Malaysia ~ 24 November 2011

Singapore ~ 24 November 2011

Hong Kong ~ 22 December 2011

Breaking Dawn Trailer~Click here 3.gif

Information source: IMDB

First question twi~fans ~

What did you think of the trailer? :)

Edited by Weave

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not overly excited for this; have to say I'm admittedly not a big fan of the hype and aura that surrounds the release of a new Twilight film. When they first came out I was of firm opinion that they could do a good job on them in comparison to the books; which were by my merit quite poor and unworthy of the world-wide attention they gained. I'll be honest, I have enjoyed the films, it's just the hype and typical school-girl excitement that doesn't quite grab my attention. So since they haven't totally put me off I did indeed watch the trailer, which looked good. I'll reserve my opinion until I see it, but I will go watch; thanks for the anticipation thread, Paula.

Edited by Ben

No problem Ben :)

I like the films but I like the books more, I know they are not mind~blowing reads or anything, they are easy reads. :)

No problem Ben :)

I like the films but I like the books more, I know they are not mind~blowing reads or anything, they are easy reads. :)

I guess that's just subjectivity; each to their own and everything, it's the same with books and films. If we all liked the same things the world would be a boring place.

I guess that's just subjectivity; each to their own and everything, it's the same with books and films. If we all liked the same things the world would be a boring place.

Exactly :) I'm definitely a twi~fan :blush: :blush:

Me too Weave, I watch the films, buy the DVDs but definitely prefer the books. I sometimes wonder if it's because in the films I can see the characters are teenagers but with the books they could be any age... I also prefer Bella in the books, she always seems so sullen in the films, what has that girl got to be unhappy about!!

Edited by chaliepud

I'm not sure if we should spoiler tag some of the things I'm going to mention, so I will for now, but if it's decided not to worry about spoilers I wont bother in future posts!

I thought the trailer was great, although I did have to laugh at the shot of them playing chess (I think) - so contrived and odd to see Edward in his "holiday clothes" :lol: I liked that they showed a clip of the wedding scene but didn't reveal the dress, although I loved the hair clip which makes it look like they've stuck to the style of the book. Still curious to know where the first film will end, as I think there are a couple of places they could do it.

Yay for anticipatory vampire movie threads!! Glad to see this :D.

I liked the trailer a lot - I don't think it showed more than it needed to, and it makes me even more excited for the film.

Chesil, I watched it a couple times just now and why am I not noticiing them playing chess?! Am I blind?

Me too Weave, I watch the films, buy the DVDs but definitely prefer the books. I sometimes wonder if it's because in the films I can see the characters are teenagers but with the books they could be any age... I also prefer Bella in the books, she always seems so sullen in the films, what has that girl got to be unhappy about!!

Its a question I have asked myself a lot chaliepud and I always reach the same conclusion ~ 'Bella, crack a smile girl!' :giggle2:

I'm not sure if we should spoiler tag some of the things I'm going to mention, so I will for now, but if it's decided not to worry about spoilers I wont bother in future posts!

I thought the trailer was great, although I did have to laugh at the shot of them playing chess (I think) - so contrived and odd to see Edward in his "holiday clothes" :lol: I liked that they showed a clip of the wedding scene but didn't reveal the dress, although I loved the hair clip which makes it look like they've stuck to the style of the book. Still curious to know where the first film will end, as I think there are a couple of places they could do it.

Chesil ~ I don't remember seeing them playing chess in the trailer :blush: (I saw the picture and it did look odd seeing Edward in holiday mode :giggle2:) the hair clip was gorgeous! and I'm glad they didn't show the dress either. After some reservations about Bill Condon, its nice to see that he has stuck to the book (with some small changes, the wedding being outside but all looks lovely). With regards to how first film will end, I read that its supposed to finish just as

Bella opens her vampire eyes.

Yay for anticipatory vampire movie threads!! Glad to see this :D.

I liked the trailer a lot - I don't think it showed more than it needed to, and it makes me even more excited for the film.

Chesil, I watched it a couple times just now and why am I not noticiing them playing chess?! Am I blind?

I will need to watch the trailer again to check :rolleyes: (its a hard life :giggle:)

Now I'm wondering if I made up the chess part???!!!! I'm sure it's just a brief cut to a scene where they're sat either side of a coffee table, playing a board game of some sort - only lasted a second or two, but Edward is in very casual looking clothes that I think look a bit preppy. I suppose I'll have to watch it again later when I have to try and find it. :wink:

Edited by chesilbeach

Now I'm wondering if I made up the chess part???!!!! I'm sure it's just a brief cut to a scene where they're sat either side of a coffee table, playing a board game of some sort - only lasted a second or two, but Edward is in very casual looking clothes that I think look a bit preppy. I suppose I'll have to watch it again later when I have to try and find it. :wink:

:lol: I saw the scene in People magazine online ~

Chess1.jpg

'When you live forever, you should learn how to play chess' :)

Ahhh that chess photo, Weave and Chesil! It does look like a holiday sweater, I agree :lol:.

If I had to rate the books in order of preference, I'd probably put BD at the bottom of the list, but that's another story! I'm hoping the film makes parts of the book more bearable and I'm also looking forward to the more 'elaborated parts!' ;)

• 1 month later...

See, I quite like BD as a book. It's flawed (as they all are) but I'd probably put it above NM, just because of the Edwardlessness of NM. I think this is the one I'm most looking forward to seeing how they adapt it to the screen.

Whenever I think of the book, all I think about is how much hanging around at the Cullens there is. Wedding at the Cullens, post honeymoon at the Cullens, new vampire Bella at the Cullens.

Intrigued to know how much they'll cut or condense, and also where the break will be for the end of part one.

See, I quite like BD as a book. It's flawed (as they all are) but I'd probably put it above NM, just because of the Edwardlessness of NM. I think this is the one I'm most looking forward to seeing how they adapt it to the screen.

Whenever I think of the book, all I think about is how much hanging around at the Cullens there is. Wedding at the Cullens, post honeymoon at the Cullens, new vampire Bella at the Cullens.

Intrigued to know how much they'll cut or condense, and also where the break will be for the end of part one.

I'm looking forward to that too Clare :) It will be cool to see how its managed :)

I agree you guys - it'll be interesting to see how everything translates onto screen! Goodness knows there'll be about 4-ish hours to fill over 2 films.

I would like to try and use 'Edwardlessness' in a sentence:

"My life and it's serious Edwardlessness really sucks. I NEED MORE EDWARDNESS!" :P:lol:

I knew you two would love my new word ;)

Its ace hen, its up there with 'Cullenised' :lol:

I read somewhere that Part 1 ends with Bella opening her vampire eyes, so I am assuming most of the first part will be Bella/Edward wedding, the honeymoon and Jacob's mini break :lol: and the birth of Nessie (Books 1 and 2) and then Part 2 (Book 3) with the imprinting, Bella's vampness and then the big ol' showdown with the Volturi! :)

Does that make sense? And in amongst that, (not in order) you have Charlie finding out about Jacob, Rosalie and Bella becoming BFF's, Jacob started his own pack with lovely Seth and moany pants Leah, Irina spotting Nessie, Bella seeing Mr Jenks, Alice and Jasper's wild ride around the world to find half human/half vampires (before going leaving a cryptic word play in Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice) and also all the vamps showing up preparing to bear witness for Nessie, the cottage, a lot going on (thanks Twi~wiki for reminding me :lol:)

Sorry for my ramble there everyone. :)

Edited by Weave

^Thanks Chesil :)

"Edward & Bella" Breaking Dawn Promo Card From Comic~Con ~

1-5.jpg

Breaking Dawn ~ Part 1 poster from Comic~Con ~

BreakingDawn1.jpg

'Oh hey Cullens! and Jacob' :giggle:

:)

New wigs for the Cullens again?! :lol:

Yip which is weird because vampires don't need their hair cut (but apparently a re~style :D)

• 2 weeks later...