Winnie the Pooh 30 books for £27 OR Mr. Men Collection 50 books for £27

DiggoG

I've been invited to some friends for dinner and they have a boy aged 9. I want to buy the boy a gift and I've decided to go for books. I don't want to spend more than £30.00 and preferably get a books collection. I found 2 offers that seem very interesting on book collections Winnie the Pooh 30 books Collection for £27.00 and Mr. Men Collection 50 books for £27.00. The price is great and so many books in each package but I can't decide which one to pick. Any ideas? Or maybe you have other book collections that I could buy.

There are a number of books you could choose from, and of course it depends on the child, but in my experience of three children I wouldn't recommend either WTP or Mr Men for a 9 year old. My 6 year old boys loves them but I can't see it lasting more than a year. The Beast Quest series would be a great present for that age if he hasn't read them already?

I wouldn't recommend Winnie the Pooh either and he is probably too old for Mr Men

My 10 year old nephew likes factual books like encyclopaedias his current favourite is Lego Star Wars The Visual Dictionary (it combines his two favourite things star wars and lego) it even comes with a little lego man in the front cover.

Also the right age group to start Harry Potter

My youngest really like 'Horrid Henry' stories....bit naughty. My eldest liked Rob Child's Big Game (various other titles, all footie based stories).

I'm not sure how much the series would cost, but when I worked in a bookstore a lot of 9-10 age boys were coming through with the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. They're also great because the series is still in progress so if he gets into them there are more books on the way.