2011 Books Read

I just started to "heavily" read this year because I finished college and now I actually have time!

Most of the books I buy are from Goodwill, Half Price Books and other thrift stores.

January-

Eat Pray Love: Elizabeth Gilbert

Sex and the City: Candace Bushnell

Goodnight Tweetheart: Teresa Medeiros

February-

In Her Shoes: Jennifer Weiner

Jemima J: Jane Green

Wicked: Gregory Maguire

March-

Bridget Jones' Diary: Helen Felding

Texas! Lucky: Sandra Brown

April-

Texas! Chase: Sandra Brown

Texas! Sage: Sandra Brown

Vision in White: Nora Roberts

Bed of Roses: Nora Roberts

Savor the Moment: Nora Roberts

Happy Ever After: Nora Roberts

May-

Something Borrowed: Emily Griffin

Something Blue: Emily Griffin

June-

The Help: Kathryn Stockett

Dead Until Dark: Charlaine Harris

Of the books above, most of them were decent. Although there were a couple that were time wasters.

Sex and the City was NOT like the show and definitely something I didn't enjoy. I almost considered ending the book in the middle, but just couldn't. I thought it was dreadful.

I loved In Her Shoes. Couldn't wait to read another chapter and loved the characters in the book. I hope to read more Jennifer Weiner books this year.

Jemima J was decent, but nothing grand. Lots of filler that slowed the plot down.

Bridget Jones' Diary was not one of my favorites. I didn't like the main character and just couldn't get into the story.

Loved, loved, LOVED the Texas! Trilogy. Seriously, couldn't get enough. I read the back and had my hopes high and they were fulfilled.

Same goes for the Bride Quartet series. Loved each book and they all left me with a warm, happy feeling inside.

Something Borrowed was something I didn't like. Long, boring story with boring characters. A lot of thinking and pondering and not a lot of action by the main character. Was very glad to be done.

Something Blue, however, was a little bit better (probably because the main character was hardly in the book).

The Help was very good. Definitely a piece that should be read in High school about civil rights. Very well done.