Do you catalogue your books on the internet?

I was thinking of listing my books that I have read and unread books on the internet, and was wondering what website you use for this, and which is the best one.

Goodreads or Library Thing are both very popular Vanessa, I know a lot of peeps on here are members of either one or both of them (including me), I've just started on Goodreads (my username is 'Charmy') and it appears to be the better one for me so far. :)

I use goodreads although haven't updated for ages as I got to 500 books read and gave up for a bit I couldn't keep up and never had time to do reviews. I am known as Angela

I use LibraryThing and even purchased an unlimited membership, since I knew I was going to go way over the 200 free membership limit (I'm somewhere just under 700 books catalogued at this point). I really like LT, as it lets me have total control over what my library looks like, how it's catagorized, and what cover art is used. I'm on there as artbunny.

I really like LT, as it lets me have total control over what my library looks like, how it's catagorized, and what cover art is used. I'm on there as artbunny.

I love LT for the same reasons. I much prefer LT's cataloguing system to Goodreads, where it is sometimes harder to find my exact edition, and I don't like the number of different font styles used there.

That said, I prefer Goodreads for the conversations and reviews, and for the different lists you can find there. It also allows me to add in what page number I'm up to and set a challenge etc.

I think I should be in Readers Social Networkoholics Anonymous (or something like that) because I belong to Goodreads, Library Thing and Shelfari. I agree with Kylie about Goodreads and Library Thing. I think Shelfari is the most aesthetically pleasing though.

My stay with Shelfari was pretty short-lived. I found it nearly impossible to find the correct covers for my books, and I really like to have my info as accurate as possible. Perhaps things have improved now that it has been around longer (I was a member years ago) but I'm happy with GR and LT now.

I did use one on facebook I think it was called Bookshelves but I never kept it updated and always use my book journal for reference anyway. Good old fashioned pen and paper.

I'm with you on that one! :smile2: That's the bestest way.

If goodreads was ever shut down, I think I'd be devastated! I can't do without it anymore. :blush:

We'd just have to start up our own site. ;)

I did use one on facebook I think it was called Bookshelves but I never kept it updated and always use my book journal for reference anyway.

I tried one of those Facebook things too but I never kept it updated either.

• 2 months later...