Do You Draw?

Gingerbreadman

I'd love to illustrate books, but I have no imagination. That's why I love Pickle's stuff so much, because she does what she does from her own imagination, and that's an absolute necessity to be a great artist.

All I do is draw lions:

comic_style_simba_by_nollaig-d4pb7tq.jpg

Even Simba is like 'really? -_-'

Nah I'm actually still developing a new comic-book type style. Eventually I'd like to be able to draw my own animals. And I do quite like how this Simba turned out. He's a bit tougher looking than the movie one.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I draw, here's one I have just finished, it took me about 3 hours:

drawy.jpg

Nope, only joking. I used to do quite a lot of drawing when I was in Secondary school but stopped for some reason and I used to do quite a lot of animation during college.

There's some very good pieces of work in here though, very impressive!

I love it Timmo shows real talent :D

Noll a lot of my work is taken from others as well and I just adapt it the one I am working on at the moment is very similar to the original I have added in more pattern but am becoming worried that its becoming repetetive so when I start a new one I will try and work directly out of my head. I do worry that I will run out of ideas or not even be able to draw so I take it slowly.

I love your style though so realistic not something I have ever been able to do. I guess if we all drew the same it would be a boring world.

• 3 weeks later...

So I have been working on this quite big drawing recently and its really giving me eyestrain at the moment its still in the fairy tale theme although my next one which I have in my head at the moment will move away from that for a bit.

cinderellainthegarden.jpg

I still have quite a bit to do as I am working from left to right and the back ground needs filling in but I am quite pleased with the level of detail on the dresses of the Ugly sisters and the stepmother.

• 2 weeks later...

you are all so lovely, thanks very much for your nice comments.

I have finally finished the Cinderella one

cinderellacomplete.jpg

and started on anew one completely different in type, this one is from a load of photos I took on my recent holiday of buildings in both Leon and Valladolid, I am slighlty obsessed by buildings. :smile:

Its still a long way from complete as you can see where I have sketched out the ones still to do.

leon2012.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have had a busy feew weeks at work and the only thing keeping me sane is getting into the studio at the weekend so here are some of the things I have been creating recently

buildingsinLeon.jpg

This one from a load pf photos I took on what seems a lifetime ago on my holiday

10052012347.jpg

some workings on flowers these are fantasy lillies

10052012346.jpg

even more fantastical although I loved doing the insects

Edited by pickle

Cheers guys :blush: . Sorry the quality of my picture taking is so bad but to get the whole thing in I lose a lot of detail, but I take them mainly for my records as once they have gone they are gone and its a wrench :smile:

VF glad you like it still

Cheers guys :blush: . Sorry the quality of my picture taking is so bad but to get the whole thing in I lose a lot of detail, but I take them mainly for my records as once they have gone they are gone and its a wrench :smile:

VF glad you like it still

It's not been framed yet as I don't know where my permanent home is going to be so I am waiting for that. But yes it is great. If you ever want any photos of it for your records I could do a few Pickle.? Just ask.

finally finished and the lady who commisioned it loves it so phew now just to get it framed and mounted, oh and decide on what next...I have a new book with the Pied Piper am feeling inspired

dancingprincesspalace.jpg

• 3 months later...

If you could draw a smilie so that, the glasses and nose were a B and J, the mouth was a C, The head was an O and you used the A as a moustache. Then I would uae this as my profile picture.