Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

I finished Grave Peril, which was good and had a particularly great ending, setting up - I'm guessing - a potentially exciting ongoing plot >>

about a war between the wizards council and the vampires

:cool:

This morning I started Phil Rickman's The Bones of Avalon, which I'm already enjoying :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Grave Peril, which was good and had a particularly great ending, setting up - I'm guessing - a potentially exciting ongoing plot >>

about a war between the wizards council and the vampires

:cool:

This morning I started Phil Rickman's The Bones of Avalon, which I'm already enjoying :)

Glad you are enjoying the Dresden file stories I am still to get the last one ghost stories which is on my wish list. Have you read any other of Phil Rickmans books I haven't read this one but have most of his others.

Glad you are enjoying the Dresden file stories I am still to get the last one ghost stories which is on my wish list. Have you read any other of Phil Rickmans books I haven't read this one but have most of his others.

I haven't! This is my first one, but I was straight on Amazon this morning looking at the Merrily Watkins ones. Didn't buy any but I know I will ... :lol: Would you recommend them?

I am enjoying the Dresden Files a lot, thanks - from what I've heard they start to get really good from now on :)

I haven't! This is my first one, but I was straight on Amazon this morning looking at the Merrily Watkins ones. Didn't buy any but I know I will ... :lol: Would you recommend them?

I am enjoying the Dresden Files a lot, thanks - from what I've heard they start to get really good from now on :)

I would recommend them, have been reading them since they came out. A bit of God stuff but not rammed down your throat in a convert sort of way if you know what I mean but in a more spooky sort of way. good series he manages to get Merrily as a real human. The later books her daughter is a bit of a pain and it involves archaeology which makes me cringe but not put me off reading them though.

Might move Ghost Files up to the top of the list and use some of my vouchers credit.

I would recommend them, have been reading them since they came out. A bit of God stuff but not rammed down your throat in a convert sort of way if you know what I mean but in a more spooky sort of way. good series he manages to get Merrily as a real human. The later books her daughter is a bit of a pain and it involves archaeology which makes me cringe but not put me off reading them though.

Right then, they're going on the list. Thanks Pickle :)

At the moment I'm reading At Bertram's Hotel by Agatha Christie, I picked it up at my local library sale for 40p really enjoying it. I suspect I've read it before as it seems vaguely familiar but I can't remember the ending so that's okay :)

I received a copy of The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery today from Roland Butter who had finished reading it and spotted it on my wishlist. Thank you so much! I can hardly wait to start it, but I have two library books that have to go back next week and I have to read those first!

I read about 100 pages of Crippen last night in bed. It's simply unputdownable. I'm going to finish it off today, I have only 50 or so pages left. I will be very sorry when it ends :(

I needed a bit of comfort shopping today, so I went and bought A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan from a bookstore, eventhough I know I would've found it cheaper on some online bookstore. Couldn't help it.

Almost forgot: I went to a charityshop later today, and I got

- All She Wants by Aphrodite Jones (a true crime book about Brandon Teena)

- Frenchman's Creek by Daphne du Maurier

- The Old Reliable by P. G. Wodehouse

I got Frenchman's Creek from the library a couple of days ago. I look forward to reading it.

Just finished Rosemary's Baby - Ira levin A quick read but I was totally gripped, even though I've seen the film and knew what was going to happen. :)

It's one harrowing read, isn't it! :)

Soon off to bed, will enjoy the rest of Crippen.

Read the first few pages of The Story Of King Arthur & His Knights, and I'm absolutely delighted I decided to buy this book. It's not MASSIVE to look at, so I was surprised to discover it's over 400 pages long, and that there are three more volumes by Howard Pyle continuing and ending the Arthurian Legends. I didn't even know there was such a massive collection of Arthurian stories all told by one author. I wish Barnes & Noble would release the other three in a similar edition to the first! Maybe four different colours or something. I'd definitely buy them all.

Anyway, absolutely THRILLED that I bought this.

I've now got to around halfway through The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - and it's still a bit slow! I had been warned it takes a while to get into so I'm still hopeful.

Hopefully you'll get into it soon. I found it quite slow in the beginning but when it started to get going it was excellent.