Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read a few pages of "The Collector", I have high hopes to finish tonight after work.

Are you enjoying the book? I really want to read this myself. I've heard great things about it. :)

I found an ebook of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd on my computer, and I've managed to sneak in the first chapter when I was procrastinating over my editing. smile2.gif I doubt I'll get it finished by the end of the month (sigh), but it'll be nice to be able to read the reading circle thread and see everyone else's opinions.

I found an ebook of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd on my computer, and I've managed to sneak in the first chapter when I was procrastinating over my editing. smile2.gif I doubt I'll get it finished by the end of the month (sigh), but it'll be nice to be able to read the reading circle thread and see everyone else's opinions.

You know it's on the 1001 list, right? :)

I've been reading Crippen a bit. There aren't enough superlatives in the world.

There's this Christmas season opening in Joensuu today, all the shops are open and there even fireworks later in the evening, I've been contemplating visiting the bookstore and buying A Visit from the Goon Squad.

You know it's on the 1001 list, right? :)

I've been reading Crippen a bit. There aren't enough superlatives in the world.

There's this Christmas season opening in Joensuu today, all the shops are open and there even fireworks later in the evening, I've been contemplating visiting the bookstore and buying A Visit from the Goon Squad.

Yep! But I've only know that since I read it on the 1001 thread. :)

Ooh, that sounds lovely. I wish we had something like that here. I hope you have a nice time! friends3.gif

Yep! But I've only know that since I read it on the 1001 thread. :)

Hehe, same here :)

Ooh, that sounds lovely. I wish we had something like that here. I hope you have a nice time! friends3.gif

I almost didn't go because was feeling lazy and it was cold outside but then a pal offered me a lift. It was nice, more people from our IRC channel came then I first suspected, and we went to a bar afterwards to enjoy a hot mint coco. Yummy :)

I've just come back home, I can squeeze in one hour of Crippen before Big Brother Talk Show begins! :smile2:

Oh, and didn't have time to go to the bookstore, so no Goon Squad for me this time.

Morning folks

I'm climbing into the huge Stephen King book ( 11/22/63) and am up to pg 302 currently .

I don't want to give much away ,so will just comment that it has been interesting reading,mainly due to the fact that it describes in a lot of detail what the year 1958 was like , regarding clothing ,foods,tv shows ,the differences in people and the way they treated each other back then, etc.

The reason that year is interestingto me , is it was the year I was born ,so it's kinda like getting to know what the world was like the year I dropped into it . A lot of the things are familiar, like the tv shows and foods . I remember them well.

So, that's all I will say about the book so that it doesn't give anything away about the actual story line .

So far,it's been very good. I'm hoping it continues to be,and the ending doesn't disappoint .

2 new books arrived for me in the post today The House of Silk - Anthony Horowitz (the new Sherlock Holmes) and Venom - Jennifer Estep which I have in paperback as the kindle version for some reason was nearly £9 even though its the 3rd part and the 2 before and 2 after are far more reasonable at £4. Still got some money to spend on my voucher. If its a slow afternoon gues what I am doing???

I've started the third Agatha Raisin book on kindle today (Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener) - they are a funny light hearted series and I've enjoyed the first 2 so far. I'm also going to start on Rebecca West's The Birds Fall Down. I also ordered The Red Dancer which is the story of Mata Hari.

Edited by SueK

I'm actually reading a World Of Warcraft novel - and thoroughly enjoying it! Never played the game, because as a general rule I'm terrible at those types of games, but a friend recently summarised one storyline to me - a storyline largely related in a novel that's a sort of prequel to events in the game. So I've started reading it, found it's really catching my interest, and I have a feeling I'm going to be reading and learning a lot more about WoW!

I also spotted a beautiful red and black hardback copy of The Story Of King Arthur & His Knights last week in Waterstones - I really shouldn't, but I'm going to treat myself to it. You can see it here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arthur-Knights-Barnes-Leatherbound-Classics/dp/1435133463/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321970046&sr=8-1

Isn't it beautiful?

Bought myself the lovely book! It cost me €23 ohmy.gif

I should have guessed it would be really expensive in Waterstones. I was expecting maybe €16. I looked it up on Amazon and I could have had it for that price online if I'd thought of that in the shop, but oh well!

My reading mojo has taken a pre Crimbo holiday. :(

I have been buying (for me and others) and posting books though. This counts as activity! :lol:

I have also come into (via my lovely brother) two very beautiful books; A fabulous book on George Stubbs. The book was published by The Tate Gallery, and has exquisite pictures in it. I hadn't realised what a prolific artist he had been. The other is a hard cover copy of Masquerade, a book I have always wanted to own. :D