Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading quite a good book called Black Out by John Lawton but it's just taking me ages to finish - not the book's fault, just tooooooo darn busy! :(

I have received two books this week. High Spirits by Robertson Davies which is my Book Club book and Pollyanna by Eleanor H Porter, which Claire pointed out was first published in 1913 and therefore counts towards my Decades Challenge.

I haven't read anything today, but I'm half way through Waiting by Ha Jin, which has been waiting on my 'to read' pile (see what I did there...?! :giggle2: ) for a couple of year. I'm really enjoying it. :) This one counts towards my Long-term World Challenge.

I bought nine books yesterday and one more today, I'll have to catalogue them when I get back home. Today or tomorrow me and Dad are going to hit the local library here in my home-home town and see if they have any great books to sell :smile2: Keeping my fingers crossed!

I bought nine books yesterday and one more today, I'll have to catalogue them when I get back home. Today or tomorrow me and Dad are going to hit the local library here in my home-home town and see if they have any great books to sell :smile2: Keeping my fingers crossed!

Tease! What did you buy?

Tease! What did you buy?

Just some books :giggle2: (If you can't wait til I get to Joensuu, you can see the books on my reading blog, first page, post 'books acquired'. The last nine books :)) You'll be happy to know I got Walter Moers's 13½ Lives of Captain Blue Bear, for 33 cents only :) And lots more

I just came back from the library, I bought Nobel Laureates 1901-2000 by Alan Symons. All Nobel laureates listed, fascinating stuff! :)

Edited by frankie

You'll be happy to know I got Walter Moers's 13½ Lives of Captain Blue Bear, for 33 cents only :) And lots more

Happy? Happy? I'm beyond happy! I'm so thrilled!! It's such an awesome book! :D

finished Nickel and Dimed and have started I Am David

Ooh, I Am David is pretty good. We studied it at school many years ago and I re-read it recently. Great book.

Bobblybear !

I am so jealous ! how'd you get the Stephen King book so quickly ? I ordered it last week and it isn't released yet,so I am waiting to get it .I think it is due to be released in another week or so ..

I thought it sounded like quite an interesting subject and can't wait to see what type of spin he puts on it !

Bobblybear !

I am so jealous ! how'd you get the Stephen King book so quickly ? I ordered it last week and it isn't released yet,so I am waiting to get it .I think it is due to be released in another week or so ..

I thought it sounded like quite an interesting subject and can't wait to see what type of spin he puts on it !

Hi Julie - I preordered it for my Kindle, and it was automatically downloaded the day of release. :boogie: I'm only on the first few chapters but it's good so far.

Sounds great,Bobbly and Michelle --

I should have ordered it one of those ways-- Much faster . I ordered the book ,though since I ordered a couple books for my grandson for Christmas,so just added this book onto that same order .

Started The Welsh Girl by Peter Ho Davies this morning. I only know it's set in WW2 so have no idea what to expect. Very good start though!

I have this as well and have contemplated starting it....do let me know how you like (or don't) it?

I've got the audio version from audible.. I've enjoyed the beginning. :)

The American (from Amazon.com) version for the Kindle comes with Audio/Video, which I can't quite figure out, as you can't watch videos on a Kindle. :huh:

Went to the library with Xander this afternoon. He picked out a bunch of books for himself (he took the maximum of 10!) and I picked up the following for myself:

Sarwat Chadda - Devil's Kiss (Devil's Kiss 1)

Melissa Marr - Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely 1)

Chris Riddell - Ottoline and the Yellow Cat (Ottoline 1)

Chris Riddell - Ottoline Goes to School (Ottoline 2)

Maria V Snyder - Fire Study (Study 3)