Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

went to a library booksale today....came away with some great bargains

Awesome haul, Sofia!

I started 'Cloudstreet' by Tim Winton :bookworm:

Woohoo! I hope you love it as much as I did. :)

No book activity for me today. :(

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished my book "Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson,and have to say I was pretty disappointed .Kind of an odd book . Not nearly as spooky as it might sound .

Now back to my Travels With Ted & Ned ...... gotta get this one wrapped up in the next couple of days ..

I'm reading a brilliant book called Red Leaves by Thomas H Cook. Bought it for my Kindle on a whim, and it's shaping up to be one of the best I've read in a while.

I read his Places in the Dark (quite!) a few years ago and thought it was very good indeed.

I have been trying to be good and getting freebies for my Kindle and books from the library to cut down on my expenses but I couldn't resiswt the first three parts of an excellent new Vampire series called Blood Wager, Blood Passage and Blood Sense which I have just started, by Connie Suttle in my defence they were all relatively cheap.

Have fallen behind on updating my list AGAIN!!!! will do that over the next couple of days

Finished Fallen Idols by Neil White (thriller about the murders of Premiership footballers - some might say they've been getting away with murder for years :giggle2: ). 'Twas okay in an 'easy-to-read-but-not-particularly-brilliant' kind of way.

Now reading All My Sins Remembered by Joe Haldeman.

That must be one of his hard-to-find ones, as I can't even find it on Amazon. Next stop Ebay. :D

Now you're making me feel old. Wait a minute, as I recall, I read it on a stone tablet ...

There are copies going for £1.74 a couple of pages in on the Thomas H Cook page, if you persevere.

I've just finished reading Rosemary's Baby - such a great chiller! I'm now reading My Cousin Rachel by du Maurier and have downloaded today Crime and Punishment for 86p.

Yesterday, I was told I'd won a Facebook proze draw ro win a signed limited edition of The White Queen by Philippa Gregory, of which there are only 750 in existence.

It arrived this morning and is beautiful. It's #276 of 750 and bound in black goat leather (which feels and smells wonderful) with ornate gold and silver.

I just checked it out a moment ago and discovered these babies are priced t £150!!!

It is now officially my most expensive book and also, on account of it being a wonderful book and so beauitful to loko at, my favourite addition to my permanent library.

post-3572-0-05128900-1318941389_thumb.jpgpost-3572-0-28135300-1318941439_thumb.jpg

I've just picked up my preordered copy of 1q84 by Haruki Murakami which I've been dying to read for ages. But I was between books on Sunday and couldn't resist starting a new one. So I'm reading Super-Cannes by J.G.Ballard but only half way through it so 1q84 will have to wait. I knew I wouldn't finish it in time but its too good to drop half way through! :doh:

Yesterday, I was told I'd won a Facebook proze draw ro win a signed limited edition of The White Queen by Philippa Gregory, of which there are only 750 in existence.

It arrived this morning and is beautiful. It's #276 of 750 and bound in black goat leather (which feels and smells wonderful) with ornate gold and silver.

I just checked it out a moment ago and discovered these babies are priced t £150!!!

It is now officially my most expensive book and also, on account of it being a wonderful book and so beauitful to loko at, my favourite addition to my permanent library.

post-3572-0-05128900-1318941389_thumb.jpgpost-3572-0-28135300-1318941439_thumb.jpg

Nice! I guess the copy I bought my mum for her birthday for £7.99 kind of pales into insignificance in comparison :lol:

I've just picked up my preordered copy of 1q84 by Haruki Murakami which I've been dying to read for ages. But I was between books on Sunday and couldn't resist starting a new one. So I'm reading Super-Cannes by J.G.Ballard but only half way through it so 1q84 will have to wait. I knew I wouldn't finish it in time but its too good to drop half way through! :doh:

Oooh, lucky you! I preordered mine from the UK and I don't think they've started shipping them yet, so it'll still be a couple of weeks before I receive mine. :(

I've finally finished cataloguing my recent acquisitions so now comes the really fun part: shelving them! :D

very nice :D

I am still plowing through A Prayer for Owen Meany, but I don't think I'm enjoying it much!

Did not like this book, couldln't finish it. Loved the movie "Simon Birch" though. Go figure.

Never read this, but don't think I will, the film still gives me nightmares

The Book pretty close to the film. More graphic I'd say. I'm still reading it, loving it, almost done.

Finished To Kill A Mockingbird, what a lovely lovely book. Not sure what to read next but I have plenty to choose from :-))

My favorite book ever.

Started 2 books today! My public book is The Blasphemer by Nigel Farndale which has been on my TBR pile for a few months, it's starting off slowly but a few reviews on Amazon say it gets better quickly. My home book is Lover Awakened by JR Ward, the third book in the Black dagger Brotherhood series, a bit risque for the school run, doctors waiting room etc!

My home book is Lover Awakened by JR Ward, the third book in the Black dagger Brotherhood series, a bit risque for the school run, doctors waiting room etc!

:giggle2: My at home books are childrens books at the moment (Harry Potter and Narnia)but I am too engrossed in my public books :readingtwo: so haven't been getting very far was at home books