Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been suffering a bit of mojo loss this week, been looking at secondary schools for my daughter and junior school for my son so busy and a little stressful. Hopefully will get stuck back into Mister God, this is Anna, tonight.. I thought it would be am easier read than it is but I'm finding myself having to read parts two or three times, it doesn't help being a confirmed atheist!

I have The Kindest thing on my TBR list.

Let me know what you think. I think it sounds fab.

I also have Into the Darkest Corner on my TBR list.

Both were brilliant - both the types of books where you actually feel that you are there, watching it all happen. I would recommend them both as thought provoking books that raise many questions, and hopefully some answers too !

reading the life and times of the thunderbolt kid ,bill bryson and loving it perhaps its my era but most pages make me smile or chuckle question is iv nearly finished what one of his should I read next? keith

You can't go wrong with any Bryson, I think, but I particularly enjoyed A Walk in the Woods and Down Under.

Really happy to have found The Fry Chronicles by Stephen Fry for £3 in a charity shop today! :D

Excellent find! :D

I received a reference book in the mail yesterday: The King's English by HW and FG Fowler.

Just finished Shaman's Crossing, the first book in The Soldier Son Trilogy by Robin Hobb. It wasn't her best, but still interesting enough to continue on to the next in the series, Forest Mage. :readingtwo:

Finished Mister God, this is Anna in the park today... Have to say I didn't enjoy it as much as I'd hoped I would, found myself skipping sections of it towards the end. Still is good to try different things..... Complete change now, onto Desires of the Dead, sequel to The Body Finder by Kimberley Derting.

I finished 'Darke' by Angie Sage, and thoroughly enjoyed it. :D I will be passing it onto to my Mum who has read all the books in the series bar this one.

My reading mojo still feels fragile, so I am going to let my reading wibblywobbly vibey "Ooo I'm going to read that one" decide my next read. Top of the TBR pile be damned! :lol:

I'm almost finished 'Crave' (Fallen Angels~Book 2) by J.R. Ward :)

How are you enjoying it, I am still trying to decide whether I like the series so have put of getting the third one yet.

How are you enjoying it, I am still trying to decide whether I like the series so have put of getting the third one yet.

Its okay pickle, I'm enjoying it but I think I am too used to the BDB boys! :giggle:

reading the life and times of the thunderbolt kid ,bill bryson and loving it perhaps its my era but most pages make me smile or chuckle question is iv nearly finished what one of his should I read next? keith

As Kylie said, you can't really go wrong with Bill Bryson. I don't think I've been disappointed in any of his books.

I'm about three-quarters of my way through Swan Song. Loving the whole post-apocalyptic feel of it. :)

Finished American Wife- Curtis Sittenfeld and started The Piano Teacher- Janice Y.K. Lee

I finished 'Darke' by Angie Sage, and thoroughly enjoyed it. :D I will be passing it onto to my Mum who has read all the books in the series bar this one.

The boyfriend bought this one yesterday. I shall read it after him. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it Chrissy.

Edited by Lucybird

I've added it to my want list :D :D

It is really good, promise you won't regret it!

I'm getting through The Odin Mission, it's really good as its telling both sides of the story, something that I've not really encounted before with a book based during The Second World War.

I'm a happy chappy today as books go - went into that newsagents Porter again, the one where I got Jonathan Strange, The Swan Thieves and Her Fearful Symmetry for 9 euro - and they have a load of Colm Tobín books for 3 euro each. Unfortuantely I dunno which are good and which are bad, so I grabbed The Master, which is the one I've heard a lot about, and his first novel The South. I'll read up on reviews of the other 5 or so in the shop and maybe get a couple more of the highest rated one.