Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

Now what's next, Kindle or Paperback - eenie, meenie mynee mo.

I haven't really got used to having a kindle yet I have brought so many treebooks since getting the kindle its unebleivable. I blame Waterstones and their 3 4 2 offers. Also I read on the bus and in my lunchtime at work and I feel my kindle is just too expensive to carry around with me :smile2:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally put a small dent in We Need to Talk About Kevin....it's starting to pick up

I was just sitting here, going through the posts on the forum, wondering what to read next. You may have given me an idea! :smile2:

Ah no hope your mojo returns soon :)

Aw, thanks! I really hope so too, I miss it badly :(

Say it ain't so I rely on you for some good recommendations I am of on holiday next week and need some good stuff to download :lol:

Fraid so, although I can't even think of anything to recommend to you that you haven't already read, usually I'm reading your recommendations! :lol:

Fraid so, although I can't even think of anything to recommend to you that you haven't already read, usually I'm reading your recommendations! :lol:

Got a free download on my kindle Black Moon, Amber Moon and Silver moon, paranormal stuff not great but hey it was free easy stuff you might enjoy.

I have been reading a couple of things on the kindle (as mentioned above) as well as Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich. Also trying one of their other freebies Broken Angel - S W Vaughn looks like it might be part of a series about a man who is blackmailed into being an illegal fighter so far its ok nothing earth shattering but readable.

I finished The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Adored this book. Wonderfully written, the characters felt alive! I highly recommend it :)

As for my next read, my boyfriend insists that it be Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk. He recently finished it and loved it!

Yesterday I finished Queste and started Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and Dragon's Pupils- The Sword Guest by Martin Chu Shui which I was asked to review by the author

Have done absolutely no reading lately, mojo has totally disappeared. I don't even want to read! :o:weeping:

Oh boy! :hug: Hunt that stupid son of a ... mojo down and kick it's ass and make it your slave again!!

I've just finished Gerritsen's The Sinner, it was the first Rizzoli/Isles novel I really enjoyed reading. Will probably start the fourth novel in the series when I go to bed.

Have done absolutely no reading lately, mojo has totally disappeared. I don't even want to read! :o:weeping:

Charm, I'm where you are right now. :(

Let's look for each other's mojos. If you find mine, let me know and I will do the same for you. :wink:

Got a free download on my kindle Black Moon, Amber Moon and Silver moon, paranormal stuff not great but hey it was free easy stuff you might enjoy.

I have been reading a couple of things on the kindle (as mentioned above) as well as Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich. Also trying one of their other freebies Broken Angel - S W Vaughn looks like it might be part of a series about a man who is blackmailed into being an illegal fighter so far its ok nothing earth shattering but readable.

Nice one! I went on and ordered some freebies for my kindle myself, thanks for the idea! I did check out Broken Angel, but I'm not keen on fighting stories, I'll wait and see if it picks up for you first! ;) I downloaded -

Immortalis Carpe Noctem (Immortals #1) by Katie Salidas

Prophecy: Child Of Light (Vampires Realm) by F E Heaton

I Witch: The Powers of the Blood and the Heart by Erin Mundy

Scent Of Danger (Darklands) by Autumn Dawn

Save My soul by Zoe Winters

Saying Goodbye To The Sun by David McAfee

Solitary : A Novel by Travis Thrasher

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Grimm's Fairy Stories by Jacob Grimm & William Grimm

The Vampyre; A Tale by John William Polidori

Three Ghost Stories by Charles Dickens

The Book Of Werewolves by S. (Sabine) Baring-Gould

The Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle

Most were free ... all for under 2 quid! :D

Oh boy! :hug: Hunt that stupid son of a ... mojo down and kick it's ass and make it your slave again!!

I've just finished Gerritsen's The Sinner, it was the first Rizzoli/Isles novel I really enjoyed reading. Will probably start the fourth novel in the series when I go to bed.

Thanks, coming on here helps motivate me, I'm starting to want to read ;)

Glad you enjoyed The Sinner, I thought it was a great series. :friends3:

Charm, I'm where you are right now. :(

Let's look for each other's mojos. If you find mine, let me know and I will do the same for you. :wink:

Good idea. If I see yours I'll give it a good talking to and send it home! ;)

Edited by Charm

I am so near the end, but I have to say I feel it could have been half the length it is. I have read all the others so I wanted to find out what decision Bella made.

Edited by Inver

I really enjoyed BD, nearly as much as Eclipse, and much more than New Moon. I felt BD really ended well so hopefully you'll be pleased you persevered when you finish it. It is long, so long they've had to make 2 films out of it!

I think Charm must have found my mojo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I started on Baudolino by Umberto Eco, which I was afraid I would find difficult and boring, but so far I'm really enjoying it.

I will keep looking for yours, Charm. :)

Been away for a week, and now have an almost empty Kindle, so book activity today will involve downloading some new books, updating book lists and writing a few reviews :smile2:

Chesil has nicked all our mojo's :giggle2:

Although I want to read I'm lacking motivation right now, I know it is down to things going on in my life right now so hopefully it will resolve itself in the next few days :(