Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

I've read Monkey's Raincoat and have to say it was good but not great. If you're looking for a great Robert Crais book, I recommend L.A Requiem.

For me it was just OK nothing really spectacular. I'll have a look for L.A Requiem though. Thanks.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm halfway through The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group by Catherine Jinks :)

And I ordered from amazon (over the past 2 days) :) ~

Ultraviolet by R J Anderson

Grace Williams Says it Loud by Emma Henderson

Undead and Unwed (Undead Series ~ Book 1) by MaryJanice Davidson

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dreadfully Ever After by Steve Hockensmith

Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls ~ Book 3) by Maggie Stiefvater (Pre~order)

:)

Edited by Weave

That's got to be a humorous book with a title like that! :lol:

Poor old misunderstood werewolves!

Weave, you might be interested in a book I saw reviewed on telly last night. It's called The Last Werewolf and it's by a British author named Glen Duncan. Have you heard of the book or already read it? The panellists mostly seemed to really enjoy it.

I'm halfway through The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group by Catherine Jinks :)

I just got The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group about a week ago from my boyfriend and I'm quite sure that it won't be on my TBR for too long. How do you like it so far?

Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls ~ Book 3) by Maggie Stiefvater (Pre~order)

I pre-ordered this one a few weeks ago, which is a pretty rare thing for me to do, as I usually don't pre-order at all.

Finished The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón last night, and thought it was a fantastic read that I'd recommend to everyone.

Good to hear Ben, I'll have that on my TBR when my Mum gives it back!

I'm slowly getting through The Return of Captain John Emmett, it's good but a bit slow and I'm not reading enough at a time to really get into it. Will reserve judgement until I finish it as to whether it is "the new Birdsong - only better" as it says on the cover......

Undead and Unwed (Undead Series ~ Book 1) by MaryJanice Davidson

I have this on my TBR shelf, Weave! You'll have to let me know how it is if you read it before me :D.

I just got The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group about a week ago from my boyfriend and I'm quite sure that it won't be on my TBR for too long. How do you like it so far?

I pre-ordered this one a few weeks ago, which is a pretty rare thing for me to do, as I usually don't pre-order at all.

Way to go lopeanha!, I enjoyed 'The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group' but I enjoyed 'The Reformed Vampire Support Group' more. :)

I have this on my TBR shelf, Weave! You'll have to let me know how it is if you read it before me :D.

My friend recommended it for me, she has read the whole series (so far), I will definitely let you know peace. :)

I finished 'The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group' by Catherine Jinks and I am about to begin 'Across The Universe' by Beth Revis :)

Edited by Weave

I received Jacob Weisberg's George W Bushisms in the mail today. It's on the Rory list, but I wanted it anyway because, let's face it, it's always fun to read about Bush's gaffes. giggle.gif It's only a short book so I've read it already.

I also started reading The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov today. I've read around 40 pages and am enjoying it so far.

I finished the final book of The Hunger Game series (Mockingjay) this morning on the way to work! Suuuch a good trilogy. :)

Now onto One Day by David Nicholls for my 'real life' book club. :) Anyone read this one?

I've had two books arrive this week, but not really felt like looking at them til now.

They are The Last Song - Nicolas Sparks and Sex and the City - Candice Bushell

I read Sex and the City ages ago......let's just say the series was much better :giggle2:

I'm reading Time Enough For Love by Robert Heinlein when I have the time, so it is slow going.

I guess I don't have time enough for love right now. :giggle2:

Am reading two books at once! Reading Lolita in Tehran for the August book circle here and "A Stranger in Mayfair"(an English mystery set in Victorian England) by Charles Finch. He has a series but I haven't read the earlier ones. I know its a mystery but would like a little more romance!

I can't seem to find a book that has all those elements like mystery, suspense and romance. Yes I know there is romantic suspense books out there but I usually hate them the plots are so weak! Give me a good Gothic novel!

I finished the final book of The Hunger Game series (Mockingjay) this morning on the way to work! Suuuch a good trilogy. :)

Now onto One Day by David Nicholls for my 'real life' book club. :) Anyone read this one?

Good to hear you enjoyed The Hunger Games trilogy, I don't think I know of anyone who has read them not liking them.. I read One Day a couple of years ago on recommendation from a friend. I really thought I wasn't going to like it but I thought it was great in the end, funny, and very emotional, each copy should be sold with kleenex!!!

I finished reading 'The Day Of The Triffids' by John Wyndham today. It's this month's Reading Circle read. I really enjoyed it, and considering it was first published 60 years ago it is astoundingly modern in many respects, with only occasional glimmers of being that old.