Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

We don't seem to have a current one of these? I'm sure we did, but I can't find it!

Anyway, my mojo has been wavering for the last few months, but I've recently read and thoroughly enjoyed The Novel in the Viola by Natasha Solomons (a freebie from the publisher after I commented on Natasha's Blog) and am now 2/3rds of the way through When God was a Rabbit, which I simply can't put down! Hopefully these will kick-start my mojo! :D

ETA: I must be going mad - it's there, large as life! :blush:

Edited by Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you enjoyed Novel in the Viola Janet and great that you were able to secure a free copy. I'm keeping hold of my copy because I feel sure I will want to read it again in the future.

I've started on The House of Dust and Dreams on the Kindle - I think I will enjoy it. It's set in 1938 Crete and the description of the island is beautiful.

^ I should think so, yes.

Yesterday I finished Killing Floor, Lee Child which means that today I can start Lost in a Good Book, Jasper Fforde. I did try starting it at lunchtime but then everyone started talking to me ao I only got 3 pages read.

My reading mojo is coming back but I still not that keen on finishing ones that I have already started.

Finished Centuries of June by Keith Donohue, which was excellent.

I'm now reading Storm Front by Jim Butcher.

Also received The Far Pavilions by M.M. Kaye in the mail today. :D

Not read the last couple days as been busy. Started 'Game of Thrones' on my lunch break today though :) but only managed 2 chapters so hope to crackon with it later.

Guest JellyBeans91

I just finished reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. It was such a good book! I am now reading By Midnight by Mia James.

Half way through Grace Williams says it loud, I am enjoying it despite it feeling almost like a non fiction book and being a little disturbing in its subject matter. It is however surprisingly uplifting at times..

Also received in the post 3 Linda Gillard books from the author herself! Star Gazing, Emotional Geology and A Lifetime Burning, thank you Linda, they look great, the covers are lovely and look to be in great condition. I am intrigued by the blurb on A Lifetime Burning, but will start with Star Gazing as you recomended, as soon as I have finished Grace Williams...

if I can count taking books out of a box and stacking them :giggle2:

... and if I can count buying postcards to send to people along with the books for book swap :giggle: Yours is a valid one, for sure!

Finished Storm Front by Jim Butcher. It wasn't great literature, but it was fun.

Reading Howard's End by E.M. Forster now.

Have done absolutely no reading lately, mojo has totally disappeared. I don't even want to read! :o:weeping:

Say it ain't so I rely on you for some good recommendations I am of on holiday next week and need some good stuff to download :lol:

I have started to read yesterday Lesley Pearse 'Never Look Back', but also going to start another book Katie Fforde 'Artistic Licence', for a bit of a lighter read.

Just finished The House of Dust and Dreams on the Kindle. It was OK, ish - nothing to write home about...

Now what's next, Kindle or Paperback - eenie, meenie mynee mo.

I've got L'Auberge coming in the post to review from Amazon. Sounds like a nice gentle holiday read - takes place in France - that's my sort of thing.