Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered A Visit from the Goon Squad after seeing rave reviews about it on a TV show last night.

I'm still making steady progress with Yossarian Lives Here by Erica Yeller and have started reading The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov again. I finally made it past the Pontius Pilate part which had me struggling a bit, and now it's getting much more interesting. :)

I've just brought Howards End is on the Landing by Susan Hill :)

Wohoo! :smile2:

I ordered A Visit from the Goon Squad after seeing rave reviews about it on a TV show last night.

Someone here on BCF has read it, I can't remember who, I just remember poppyshake commenting on the review, I think. It's a book that I've been contemplating on adding to my wishlist, and when I read the FTBC e-mail yesterday, I have no choice but to do so :)

I started reading Teacher, Teacher! by Jack Sheffield last night. Only 31 pages in.

I went to shop for an outfit for a wedding. Didn't find anything, bought 9 books instead. :blush:

Good girl :friends0:

The thread is now open for the November Reading Circles discussion of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd .. I'm happy to loan my copy to anyone who wants to join in (just pm me)

Just finished A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan and started When God was a Rabbit by Sarah Winman. I'm going to the library later to take some books back .. will try not to get too many books out :giggle2:

I finished my current book this morning so am looking forward to starting Chine Mieville's - Embassytown or I might continue with two of the others I have on the go at the moment from the library whose exact name escapes me. I have been very good and not gotten anything for my Kindle so far this month (I know its only the 2nd but for me thats unusual) because I was treating it like a library and realised I have bought far to many books recently and its coming close to Christmas and I need to save. :(

Just finished A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan and started When God was a Rabbit by Sarah Winman. I'm going to the library later to take some books back .. will try not to get too many books out :giggle2:

I can't wait to read your reviews of both books, particularly the former, as I just ordered it last night (I came very close to ordering the latter as well!)

I'm enjoying The Master and Margarita, but I'm having a hard time following it as it seems to be jumping around a bit and introducing many different characters. I also keep drifting off to sleep while reading, so I'm not sure how much I'm actually taking in.

I started China Mieville's - Embassytown this morning I am not sure whether its a good or a bad thing that after 20 pages I got up rather than staying in bed til the last minute before work. Its such hard work with him as usual. :readingtwo:

Wohoo! :smile2:

Someone here on BCF has read it, I can't remember who, I just remember poppyshake commenting on the review, I think. It's a book that I've been contemplating on adding to my wishlist, and when I read the FTBC e-mail yesterday, I have no choice but to do so :)

It was Tunn :) .. review can be found here

A Visit from the Goon Squad - Tunn's review

I can't wait to read your reviews of both books, particularly the former, as I just ordered it last night (I came very close to ordering the latter as well!)

I really liked A Visit from the Goon Squad and When God was a Rabbit is great so far :) As for reviewing, I am about ten books behind :( (life just keeps getting in the way!)

Reading 'When Dreams Come True', Emma Blair', cannot read anything to heavy at the moment, with everything going on in my life, my partner has been diagnosed with a tumour on the gullet, awaiting for chemo to start, that is why I have not been on here lately, just not feeling like it.

Reading 'When Dreams Come True', Emma Blair', cannot read anything to heavy at the moment, with everything going on in my life, my partner has been diagnosed with a tumour on the gullet, awaiting for chemo to start, that is why I have not been on here lately, just not feeling like it.

So sorry to hear that. :(

Sorry to hear your bad news, VanessaL. Best wishes to your partner.

I have just finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and for me it is the best in the series so far. I feel like starting the next one, but I know I probably won't finish it by the time Stephen King's new book comes out next week. So, I have opted for The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.

I am also reading bits of 50 Facts That Should Change The World by Jessica Williams. I was trying to read Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond, but really struggled. I think part of it may be because it is a paper book, and I'm getting so used to my Kindle. :giggle2:

I've been neglecting this thread so much lately it's not even funny :(. Sorry, guys!

I think since I last posted I read books 9,10 and 11 of the True Blood books, so I'm all caught up now. I also paused on Jonathan Strange because after my surgery the book was just too darn heavy to lift. Now I'm afraid if I pick it up again I'll have to start from the beginning! I'm so pathetic...

I've recently started 'The Assassani' but can't remember the author atm. I'm really getting into it though!

I finished a book yesterday! Woohoo! I think it's the first book I've finished in a couple of months. huh.gif

In the mail today, I received Jorge Luis Borges' The Book of Imaginary Beings and 100 Postcards from Penguin Modern Classics, which is a box full of photos of various authors. Lovely! :)

I finished a book yesterday! Woohoo! I think it's the first book I've finished in a couple of months. huh.gif

Well done Kylie! :clapping:

I'm slowly making my way through The Redeemer - Jo Nesbo I'm enjoying it but I've been feeling too tired to read very much so it's slow going!

While I've been away I have finished The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie. I started My Best Friends Girl by Dorothy Koomson in its place and am over halfway through this.

When I got home today Howards End is on the Landing by Susan Hill was waiting for me.

Well last night I succombed to all the positive reviews and finally picked it up I started Twilight by Stephanie Meyer I have to confess all the film is very like the book, so far......I am enjoying the book better