Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just come back from a coffee morning and the Library, I wanted to be well stocked up as I am on holiday next week.

At the coffee morning didn't see anything that cried out to me, so came away empty handed.

Then I headed to the Library expecting to have a nice quiet browse, and was surrounded by Junior School Children, some of who are my brownies who I will see tonight.

At the Library I was disappointed as I didn't get anything off my TBR List however I did get the following -

Murder and the Golden Goblet by Amy Myers

An unhallowed grave by Kate Ellis

The old contemptibles by Martha Grimes

A vengeful longing by R N Morris

Death and the Cornish Fiddler by Deryn Lake

In a dry season by Peter Robinson

The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths

The Mesmerists Apprentice by L M Jackson

Pretty pleased with my selection, some great titles, just hope the content matches up to the promise.

Edited by dawnbirduk

Sod, I only know one Stranglers song but I love it lots! Golden Brown :D

I finished the 8th Sookie book and have finally decided to tackle the behemoth aka Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. I'm looking forward to it!

I loved Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell Peacefield, hope you enjoy it too, don't be put off by the size once you get into it it's hard to put down :)

I'm still reading When God was a Rabbit, I'm enjoying it but it seems to be taking me a long time to get through it. Anyway football on the TV tonight so I should get through a big chunk of it. I also got a couple of books from Amazon that I ordered

Cross Stitch Diana Gabaldon

Dragonfly in Amber Diana Gabaldon

I just come back from a coffee morning and the Library, I wanted to be well stocked up as I am on holiday next week.

Murder and the Golden Goblet by Amy Myers

An unhallowed grave by Kate Ellis

The old contemptibles by Martha Grimes

A vengeful longing by R N Morris

Death and the Cornish Fiddler by Deryn Lake

In a dry season by Peter Robinson

The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths

The Mesmerists Apprentice by L M Jackson

Pretty pleased with my selection, some great titles, just hope the content matches up to the promise.

Good haul Dawnbirduk. I can personally vouch for A Vengeful Longing and The Mesmerists Apprentice. Both good thrillers.

Sod, I only know one Stranglers song but I love it lots! Golden Brown :D

I finished the 8th Sookie book and have finally decided to tackle the behemoth aka Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. I'm looking forward to it!

Hi Peacefield you most probably know more Stranglers songs without realising it, also if you pop Golden Brown into the search bar on you tube there is a really good jazzed up version.

I'm almost finished Prophecy: Child of Light by F. E. Heaton which I've thoroughly enjoyed so far (thanks, Charm!) :smile2:

Phew! Glad to hear it :D I finished Moon Called then moved on to Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs and am thoroughly enjoying them too (thanks, Chesil and pickle!) :lol: Dontcha just love BCF recommendations ;)

Started The Tenderness Of Wolves by Stef Penney this morning.

Hope you are enjoying it. I read it last year, and though it was great.

I'm struggling through The Gunslinger at the moment. I'm finding it so difficult, and I'm amazed I managed to read it in the past. I remember it being difficult, but not quite so difficult. It's only the strength of the rest of the series that is keeping me reading it. :o

I finished Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dreadfully Ever After by Steve Hockensmith which I really enjoyed :)

Dark Matter ~ A Ghost Story by Michelle Paver

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

:bookworm:

Reading through some of the freebies I picked up on Amazon the other day, one dreadful one ok and one which I am part of the way through looks like its going to be pretty awful too, but you live and learn. I have read all of Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling series and 2 of the Archangel ones the Archangel ones are not any where near as good as the others although the concept is fairly interesting, I just can't seem to like the characters enough.

I am tryiong to wean myself of the paranormal's for a bit trying some fantasy but as you can see from above the freebies I have are not good enough, I might go back to crime for a bit (reading it that is not doing it :D )

Does sorting through my 500 odd new books count as my book activity hehe? :D

I hope you're going to list them all for us! ;)

No book activity for me today. Well, I read a couple of pages of AHWoSG. I received Jasper Fforde's The Last Dragonslayer in the mail the other day.