Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

Just been to the library and renewed

Ghost Song by Sarah Rayne

Blue Lightning by Ann Cleeves

I also got out

Change in Altitude by Anita Shreve

Girl who kicked the hornets nest by Stieg Larsson - never read and of his books before but keep reading loads of comments so thought I better give them ago.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm spending the day with George Orwell's 1984. I'm enjoying it much more than I thought I would. :) Also, feeling in the mood for a bit of Stephen King, surprisingly, so I might put in an order for Salem's Lot at the ol' bookstore - a good vampiric tale would be brilliant right now.

Just started reading Lush Life by Richard Price:

Whenever people asked him what he was planning to do with his life, Eric Cash used to have a dozen answers. Now he's thirty-five, still in the restaurant business and still serving the people he wanted to be. Not like Ike Marcus. Ike is young, good-looking, charismatic. He's going places - until two street kids step up to him and Eric one night and pull a gun. At least, that's Eric's version ...

I've also started Finishing The Hat, which is Stephen Sondheim's account of the craft of writing for the musical theatre. As some of you will know, musical theatre is a great passion of mine, and Sondheim is undoubtedly the greatest living exponent of the art. It's a wonderful, fascinating book.

Also received a promotional copy of a new crime thriller, The Stranger You Seek by Amanda Kyle Williams.

And I've bought Born Brilliant, Christopher Stevens' biography of the great comic actor Kenneth Williams.

I'd nearly made a stupid purchase today..

I saw an English psychology book with the funny title "Who am I and if so, how many?"

I nearly bought but saw the inscription "Translated by XY". Translated? From what language?

Than I saw it was originally German.

Really enjoying The Shadow if the Wind. I wasn't sure at first but now I'm very absorbed in his style of writing, so descriptive and he uses some fabulous words!

Wohoo, I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the novel, it's just amazing :smile2: In my top 5 books ever!

No bookish activities for me, I've come down with a flu and am too tired to read. Or maybe it's only because I only have AHWoSG with me and that doesn't feel right at the moment. Maybe should go for one of my childhood favorite reads, plenty of those in the bookcase.

Wohoo, I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the novel, it's just amazing :smile2: In my top 5 books ever!

No bookish activities for me, I've come down with a flu and am too tired to read. Or maybe it's only because I only have AHWoSG with me and that doesn't feel right at the moment. Maybe should go for one of my childhood favorite reads, plenty of those in the bookcase.

Thanks Frankie, hope you're feeling better soon, some soup and good light read and you'll be right as rain soon... :friends0:

Just finished Howards End(E. M. Forster) and The Sun Also Rises(Ernest Hemingway). Starting Othello and A Moveable Feast (Ernest Hemingway). Next week I will be adding Coming Up for Air (Virginia Woolf)

I also want to continue with The Discovery of Witches this weekend.

I have been so busy that I havenot been on here for ages *Wipes away the spider webs*

I have read a few books latey. One I would recommend is The colour of Death. I really good book.

Also I have finally read the first three books of Potter. Didn't really like the first two but fell in love with potter after reading the third. Fourth will be read soon.

At the moment I am reading FALLEN BY KARIN SLAUGHTER. Most people on here know my love for Slaughter. I am struggling a little with the book. It's good but I am not into the actual crime itself. I hope it will pick up real soon. I am around half way through.

Glad to hear you're enjoying Harry Potter, Catwoman. You're doing better than me. I didn't fall in love until the fourth book. :)

There's a great book sale on this weekend, but it was such short notice and I already have plans, so I can't go. :( So, to cheer myself up, and to celebrate World Literacy Day today, I ordered 5 books online.

Thanks Frankie, hope you're feeling better soon, some soup and good light read and you'll be right as rain soon... :friends0:

Thanks chaliepud :friends3: I'm feeling a bit better today, I slept til 1 PM so got a good night's sleep, and sauna did me some good as well. :) I read one Finnish YA book from my childhood, and am currently reading The Mystery of the Strange Bundle by Enid Blyton. Also a re-read.

Still working through The Shadow of the Wind, it's not a book you can rush and I've had little spare time this week sadly, loving Fermin Romero de Torres!!

Fermin is indeed quite a character :D

Still working through The Shadow of the Wind, it's not a book you can rush and I've had little spare time this week sadly, loving Fermin Romero de Torres!!

Definately not a book to be rushed but I thought it was a brilliant story. :)

I'm looking forward to reading more from Carlos Ruiz Zafon.

I've just finished Nemesis - Jo Nesbo really enjoyed it and will probably start The Devils Star by him tomorrow. :readingtwo: