Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:friends0: , Pixie.

I'm glad to hear your mojo is returning, Catwoman!

I finished reading Julia Rugg's Buried in Books yesterday. It was an excellent book to dip into, full of lovely bookish quotations. It now has quite a few post-its sticking out which are marking my favourite quotes. :)

I'm now over halfway through Making the Cat Laugh by Lynne Truss but have made no progress whatsoever with my other two books. :( I guess I'm just concentrating on one at a time right now.

Finished A Cavern of Black Ice by JV Jones. It had a really good ending which made up for the fact that I felt it was limping a bit in the last 200 pages.

Started Generation Dead - not usually a zombie book fan but this looked interesting. I'm sure I have seen a good review of it somewhere. It's by Daniel Waters I think.

I am going on holiday on Thursday and have just taken 3 books from the TBR shelf to pack

The Spare Room ~ Helen Garner

Return to the Olive Farm ~ Carol Drinkwater

Notes from an Exhibition ~ Patrick Gale

I'm waiting for the Kindle version of Forever - up until yesterday it was £10.37, which was far too high for me, but I was hoping that on release day it would drop to a more sensible figure, however, now it says it's not currently available on Kindle but a release date of 12th July! Hope it doesn't take too long, as I can't wait to find out how the story ends. Enjoy your re-read of Shiver and Linger, Weave :smile2:

I finally finished Fool Moon by Jim Butcher. I guess it was okay. I really wasn't that focused on it.

I'm going to try Mirror, Mirror by Gregory Maguire after I read a short story by Poe on my Kindle.

Am now about 1/3 of the way through The Narrows and am finding it a bit slow.

I didn't like this one. It was probably my least favorite book from him well A Darkness more than Night is another weak one.

I manage a few chapters of THE BLADE ITSELF. Which has led me to be around half way through the book, and I am now about to start Part Two. Horrah! :yahoo:

I realised that I have my library book club on Thursday and I haven't read the book. Whoops.

Hated Blad Itself. I thought it was very predictable and characters feels like their cardboard characters.

Lots of book activity today. Firstly, the early hours of this morning I finished Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (the first in the Sookie Stackhouse series, as I'm sure many of you are full aware). Earlier this afternoon I purchased The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas and Miracle Cure by Harlan Coben. I've also started Living Dead In Dallas by Charlaine Harris and am about to log off and go finish it this evening. Most productive bookish day for a long time, it seems.