Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

I've got this on my TBR pile. Any good?

I struggled with the first quarter (of The Redbreast), but it has definitely picked up. It is a good read, but not necessarily an easy one (at least for me!). ^_^

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peacefield, I think Charm said before that we had at least a year yet to wait for the Next Discovery of Witches offering... :Tantrum:

Oh, MAN! That's a long time! Oh well, thanks for the FYI, Chaliepud!

I've been indulging myself on amazon today, and have downloaded these books:

The Dolce Vita Diaries by Cathy Rogers

It Is Just You, Everything's Not :censored: by Steve Stack

I, Spy? by Kate Johnson

Emotional Geology by Linda Gillard

Edited by chesilbeach

I'm still reading House of Silence but it's slow going, not because it isn't an excellent book, but because I don't have much time to read lately.

I ordered some books online a couple of days ago and they arrived yesterday!! I got:

The Immortal life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot

The Group by Mary McCarthy

A-holes Finish First by Tucker Max

A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan

Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda

Edited by whitegold

Really enjoying Murder in the Mews by Agatha Christie I should finish it this weekend.

Hubby's Father's Day prezzie arrived yesterday from Amazon it's Full Dark House by Christopher Fowler.

Yay for you mojo returning!! Hold on to it tight, my friend How was Heartsick? I hope you liked, am looking forward to reading your review

I did end up really enjoying it, it was a lot more psychological than I imagined it would be and would probably make a great atmospheric movie :D

Aww, I'm pleased you're pleased, Charm! I'm even bringing the book in my car with me, just to be able to squeeze a few pages in before or after work, and that's something I never usually do. Have you been to the author's website? Apparently they're planning a movie?! OMG I hope they cast Matthew and Diana well.

A movie??? :o I think that must be the best news I've ever heard! :thud:

Yay! Charm should definitely get royalties from the author for recommending this to us all

Actually they should probably go to Michelle as I saw it on her Library Thing page on FB, it was what inspired me to read it ;) .... but I don't mind taking a cut! :giggle2:

I finished A Discovery of Witches last night! Charm, I believe I will you send you something sparkly for recommending such a fab book - you deserve it!! Although now my hands are itching (get it?) to have the second book! Does anyone know when Harkness plans on releasing it?

I haven't decided what to read next, but will scan my shelves when I get home from work this afternoon. I'll also write my review :D.

Can't wait to read your review! The second book won't be out until 2012 sometime, I believe it may be the latter part of the year too :cry:

Just looked on the Facebook page and she's still writing Book 2!!!!!!

Oh I wish she'd get a move on!

Speaking of Facebook, I just became friends with Matthew Clairemont!!! :exc: .... If only he was the real thing *sigh*

I've recently finished Immortalis Carpe Noctem (Immortallis #1) by Katie Saladis and Prophecy: Child Of Light by F E Heaton, both cheap downloads on kindle and both very enjoyable, with the second surprisingly getting a 10/10 from me :D

A movie??? :o I think that must be the best news I've ever heard! :thud:

Speaking of Facebook, I just became friends with Matthew Clairemont!!! :exc: .... If only he was the real thing *sigh*

Oops, I think it was just wishful thinking on my part, Charm, about a movie. At the author's website she says something to the effect of "I have no news on whether there'll be a movie or not," but you know that Hollywood is just going to jump on anything vampire related. They also have 2 polls at her site, asking you if there were a movie, who would you want to play Matthew and Diana?

I just sent him and Diana friend requests, Charm! Hopefully they'll accept ;).

I started The Relic this afternoon and I think I'm going to like it. It's pretty plot-driven, but it feels like that's something I need right now.

Just ordered some books off Amazon for the kids that I hope they will like -

Dork Diaries 3 for my daughter to give her a little bit of light relief from her set of 16 Michael Morpurgo books

And for my 12 year old son -

The Body Finder - Kimberley Derting

The Healing Wars (Book 1) - Janice Hardy

Time Riders (Book 1) - Alex Scarrow

(I have to admit the first two were ones I wanted, I'm using him as a cover, I'm sure he'll like them too)

I ordered some books online a couple of days ago and they arrived yesterday!! I got:

The Immortal life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot

The Group by Mary McCarthy

A-holes Finish First by Tucker Max

A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan

Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda

I bought Henrietta Lacks a few weeks ago, too. It looks like a really fascinating story. If you get round to reading it before I do - enjoy!

finished John Harwood's The Ghost Writer and about to start The History of the Siege of Lisbon-Jose Saramago

Oh, what did you think of The Ghost Writer, Sofia? :)

I just went onto Barnes and Noble.com to window shop and ended up buying 8 books :rolleyes: Good thing they were all from the bargain bin so I only ended up spending $30.00 with tax.

Still reading A Mountain of Crumbs and really enjoying it. :)

Henrietta Lacks was a real eye opener for me, I did find the medical jargon a little hard going though.

Oh I have that on my tbr list, looks like a great read, looking forward to it.

Currently reading Soulless by Gail Carriger and started The Ancestor's Tale by Richard Dawkins on friday - love it!

Edited by chrysalis_stage