Alison Croggon

Laramie

I have just read the reviews for the first book - The Gift and all but one praised it very highly and also the other books in the trilogy. There was one somewhat scathing review, by someone called Mia (hope it was not our Mia??), but her points would only be important if you were an avid reader of this genre, as lack of originality is something that we are all up against, as readers and authors. To someone like me, new to the genre, it wouldn't matter. For an experienced reader, it is something to be considered, but shouldn't put anyone off reading the book, I would have thought.

I would put them on my wanted list DWMG, but it's so long....gasp. I will however, watch this thread with interest, as they sound like books I would enjoy.

• 11 months later...

*Waves hand in the air* 'Tis my opinion too! I love Alison Croggons fantasy Novels and not alll those who read- sadly its becoming out of practice ;)- are avid and will check upon spelling, what they would have used for sentence structures and other things among them.

I greatly suggest that you read the books as Alison Croggon is a well earned famous poet too and so uses her skills in poetry to escape traps other authors would have otherwise fallen into!!:lol:

There was one somewhat scathing review, by someone called Mia (hope it was not our Mia??)

:lol: Not guilty, yer honour! ;)

I have the first two books on my TBR pile, but as DWMG knows, I still haven't started them! Hopefully this will be the year that I do.