Read Michael Connelly & John Grisham - What next?

Hi,

I'm not exactly what you could call a book worm but I have read (Or listened to) every Michael Connelly & John Grisham book and I'm looking for another author to try.

One slight issue is that I need to be able to purchase it as an Audio Book as I drive to work everyday and this is where I get to listen to books (Stops a mind numbingly boring journey a lot better!).

I have read a few Michael Critchton books too and I found them pretty good but not as enjoyable as the twists and turns that come with Grisham & Connelly.

(Jurassic Park 1-3, Congo, Prey & Airframe)

Does anyone have any suggestions what/who I could try next?

Thanks

Mark :wink:

Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp series is very good. Mitch is a CIA operative goes about conducting covert ops for the government. The early books about Kay Scarpetta Medical Examiner by Patricia Cornwell are very good, the books in the last few years, (her last 4 or 5 books) not so much in my opinion. Same for those by Kathy Reichs. For a British flair, the Inspector Banks series by Peter Robinson are good as are David Hewsom's Nic Costa Series about an Italian detective, though you get a lot of background story also. And Jeffrey Deaver's books are very good.

There are so many I'm sure you will get quite a list from the contributor's on this forum.

Oh and Richard Montanari's stories on 2 detectives Byrnes and Bolzano, in Philadelphia and Tess Gerritsen's Isles and Rizzoli books from which they get the T.V. show. Her last one "Ice Cold" is very good as was "The Mephisto Club". Michael Crichton's "State of Fear" was very good and I though fast paced.

Ah so many books so little time.

I would agree on Contrarian's Vince Flynn suggestion. I listen to books to and from work and I just finished Executive Power which was very good. I would also suggest Robert Crais who I think is as good as Michael Connelly. Slightly different type of book, private detective as opposed to police, but you should be able to pick those up as audio books quite easily.