Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas

vodkafan

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thomas.

Wow what a book! There are some novels that just fly in out of some strange land and take you on a journey. The pace of this book never lets up. The year is 1971. A journalist and his attorney (at least that is what they represent themselves as- you never actually know if that is a figment of their imaginations) get an assignment to go to Vegas. On the strength of this they borrow money to hire a car and fill it with drugs to go find The American Dream. The book is edgy in places and hilarious in others.

This was just the thing to blow the cobwebs out of my brain after Vanity Fair

5/5 for this one

I can't imagine a better book to blow the cobwebs away when one has just read Vanity Fair. It must have been a shock to the system! mocking.gif This is one of my favourite books and definitely due for a re-read.

I agree Kylie :) great review vodkafan, I read 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' a few years ago and I remember thinking 'wow' when I finished :)

Edited by Weave

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Am loving this book thus far, it's currently my on the train dabbler for when I've finished the paper so is mainly being read in small chunks. Its fast and frantic pace is awesome as is the wild unpredictability of characters.

• 1 month later...

Ah yes Hunter S. Thompson... one of my favorite journalist. This is probably one of his best works. I've read the books several times and saw the film which is well made. Definitely recommended for anyone who enjoy an adventure and thought provoking novel.

Hunter is an absolute madman in this one but the great kind of madman :lol: The bit with the discussion about the ape is my favourite.

Edited by Rawr

• 1 month later...