What Did You Have For Breakfast?

^ I misread the title of the thread; I thought it was what did you have for breakfast today!

But no, I generally don't eat breakfast (lazy arse me would rather spend another 30 minutes in bed . . .).

How can you function without the most important meal of the day? Though I have to admit I'm rather lazy too. I make breakfast in a weekend for the entire month and freeze them in. In this way no mater how low on cash I get at the end of the month I will always have breakfast. Its really useful too, I only have to open the fridge the evening before I need it so it can defrost and then I eat it on the bus the morning after. I've one of those reusable anti-spill mugs with a lid so I can even take my tea with me on the bus.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have something to eat when I get into work, a Nutrigrain bar or a fresh fruit salad (if I'm feeling rich), but I've got used to not eating when I get up now and having a proper breakfast is just too much when followed by the daily walk to work!

I'm the same as you, Raven. I have to get up at so early as it is, and if I wanted to eat breakfast I'd need another 10 minutes, and just can't face that. I've found that the theory that if you eat a healthy breakfast you won't feel hungry and snack during the morning doesn't work for me. Once I start eating, I want to keep going! I tend to have only coffee until about 10am, then have a cereal bar or a banana.

Ooooh salmon! Thats only for very special occasions over here!

Normally it's the same for me, but I'm with my parents and my 3 year old nephew now and he gets smoked salmon more often ;) I'm getting spoiled while at home!

• 2 weeks later...

Was our last morning on our cruise holiday and I can honestly say I never want to see a huge breakfast buffet again! I tried most days to eat just cereal and fruit but it was so hard when there was such a selection of pastries, cakes, continental and English breakfasts.. Back to normal tomorrow morning!!!

I had planned to get up early this morning, so that I had time for a nice bacon sandwich before going to work. However, I forgot to set my alarm (doh!) so it was toast and Bovril which I've brought to work with me to eat with a cup of tea.

• 3 weeks later...