What Did You Have For Breakfast?

I'm not always that hungry first thing in the morning and don't necessarily feel like eating anything, however I usually make myself have either a bowl of cereal, preferably Special K, or a couple of slices of toast because otherwise by the time it gets to mid-morning I'm starving and I can't always eat while I'm working!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

During the week I always have two boiled eggs, purely because it fills me up, and stops me snacking too early on. At work we have a rule of not eating before 10am. If you do, you have to put 50p in the pot. :giggle:

I always boil my eggs the night before, sometimes for several days worth, and then take them out of the fridge in morning and let them sit in a jug of warm water while I walk the dog. That way they aren't too cold when I eat them. I sound really fussy. :blush:

On weekends, it's usually egg on toast. I love my eggs. :giggle:

So you mean hard boiled eggs? .. not the dippy egg and soldiers thing. I've never heard of that before for breakfast, do you eat them on their own?

I do like eggs for breakfast too but only have them a couple of times a week either scrambled on toast, as an omelette or fried in a sandwich (which is not incredibly healthy although I only use the tiniest bit of olive oil and wholemeal bread.) It's a red letter day if I get soft boiled eggs with soldiers because it means hubby has made it .. I'm too forgetful to cook four minute eggs .. I wander off (is this what happened to you Bobbly? :wink: )

More usually though I have tinned fruit (in juice) because it's marginally more healthy than what I would prefer to eat ... which is TOAST ... I would hapily eat toast every day but I'm trying to reduce carbs. If I smell someone else's toast cooking in the morning it gives me the mean reds :mad:

Yes, just two hard boiled eggs on their own every morning. It's so yummy and filling. Weekends it's egg on toast, but like you Poppyshake, I'm trying to reduce carbs and up my protein, so I have bread maybe once or twice a week.

I have to admit, I have forgotten my eggs boiling and wandered off, but luckily always come back before anything disastrous happens. :giggle:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm terrible with breakfast during the university term. I'll usually just have some grapes on the way out of the door! I'm never hungry early in the morning but then as soon as I'm sitting in the lecture hall, my tummy will start rumbling. I should really get up earlier so I can have a proper breakfast.

However, at the moment it's the summer holidays so I've been enjoying lazy mornings! I'll usually have a croissant, a grapefruit and yoghurt. In the winter I love porridge too.

• 2 weeks later...

Only boring because I eat it EVERY SINGLE WEEKDAY! ;) But you're right... as long as I don't forget the salt, it's not bad at all!

Hehe, that I can understand! :giggle2: How about a little variation? I add cottage cheese and berry drink-ish-soup-ish thing to it, yummy!

Hehe, that I can understand! :giggle2: How about a little variation? I add cottage cheese and berry drink-ish-soup-ish thing to it, yummy!

I tried putting raspberries in it, but they got all warm and soggy.. Yuck.

Also tried peanut butter in it, which I didn't like.

Don't know why I don't just find another breakfast food. ;)

A bowl of oatmeal with a hand full of mixed dried fruit, a large spoon of honey and cold milk, washed down with a large cup of black coffee. Sometimes at the weekend a fry up with egg, bacon, sausage, black pudding, mushrooms, fried potatoes and toast or fried bread, washed down with a large cup of black coffee.

Edited by Vladd

A bowl of oatmeal with a hand full of mixed dried fruit, a large spoon of honey and cold milk, washed down with a large cup of black coffee. Sometimes at the weekend a fry up with egg, bacon, sausage, black pudding, mushrooms, fried potatoes and toast or fried bread, washed down with a large cup of black coffee.

I'll be over at the weekend ;):giggle2:

• 1 month later...

Bran Flakes with granulated sweetner and semi-skimmed milk. Strong coffee. Every day. Without fail ... oh wait, sometimes I spash out and have a small banana in my bran flakes. I'm such a party animal me dry.gif

So, what do you have? Depends on my mood but my favorite thing to have is oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins.

Why? It's quite filling and gives you plenty of energy for the day.

Would you have something different if you could? If I am in the mood I sometimes have eggs instead, or even cold cereal.

Does time restrict what you have? Quite often actually. Having to be at work at 0650 or 1850 and not getting off till 1900 or 0700, depending on my shift, can really put a damper on eating habits.

Tell us about your favourite breakfast EVER! My favorite breakfast ever was actually at Ihop. I don't even like Ihop all that well, but it was the first breakfast I ever had with the man I now call my fiancé so it has a very special meaning to me.

What do you do at the breakfast table? Read? Watch TV? Chat? I generally have the horrid habit of watching television when I eat, though I am moving away from television completely now.

Do you have a beverage? Generally just water unless I have made coffee, but that is quite rare really.

Since I've been working and have to get up so early in the morning, I usually have breakfast at work, granola bars and juice (if I'm lucky). But on weekends, I like to treat myself to some scambled eggs, toast, bacon, and orange juice. Yum!