What Did You Have For Breakfast?

Cornflakes and skimmed milk. No sugar :icon_eek: I`ve decided that those extra pounds I`ve put on, need to go before they become a permanent fixture.

No extra sugar you mean, I used to do this and was so proud of myself but then someone pointed out that there was plenty of sugar already in it :( Oh man .. still a reduction is a reduction and cutting down on sugar is always good.

Well done on giving up smoking :clapping:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, what do you have? Why?  Usually a croissant and coffee as I can grab it on my way to work

Would you have something different if you could? Yes, pancakes with lemon juice and sugar every morning.  Ideally I would love cereal but can't tolerate milk so early in the morning.
Does time restrict what you have? Yes, very much
Tell us about your favourite breakfast EVER!  Bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon from vendor in Grand Central Station
What do you do at the breakfast table? Read? Watch TV? Chat?  During the week the breakfast table is my desk at work, and usually check emails whilst eating.  During the weekends, breakfast is ate on the sofa and is usually pancakes.
Do you have a beverage? Coffee or water.

Peahen said: Tell us about your favourite breakfast EVER!  Bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon from vendor in Grand Central Station

Ahhh!  My husband can relate to that! 

I've only been to NYC once, and loved it.  Have you tried Two Boots?  /yum/ :D

AIE:  Meant to add...had toasted oatmeal bread with butter and peanutbutter, and hot tea.

p.s.  I know y'all know it's hot, but down South...if one doesn't clarify one is brought a glass of cold, iced tea.  bleech!

Edited by pontalba

• 4 weeks later...

Ahhh!  My husband can relate to that! 

I've only been to NYC once, and loved it.  Have you tried Two Boots?  /yum/ :D

AIE:  Meant to add...had toasted oatmeal bread with butter and peanutbutter, and hot tea.

p.s.  I know y'all know it's hot, but down South...if one doesn't clarify one is brought a glass of cold, iced tea.  bleech!

LOL, and usually with a half cup of sugar in it. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cereal, that boasts on the box "now with 25% less sugar" at least thats what I think it says..My german is not good LOL!
I ask the question, why does the cereal have ANY sugar in it. Ive been trying to eat more healthy and
it seems as if its impossible to find food to eat that doesnt have salt or sugar in it. :banghead:

Cereal, that boasts on the box "now with 25% less sugar" at least thats what I think it says..My german is not good LOL!

I ask the question, why does the cereal have ANY sugar in it. Ive been trying to eat more healthy and

it seems as if its impossible to find food to eat that doesnt have salt or sugar in it. :banghead:

Practically every food has salt or sugar in it. The only thing you'd really be able to do it eat things with less sugar than other brands.

I had Frosties this morning. With some extra sugar on top! :P:lol:

Toast and a latte at the coffee shop today, and we bought a gorgeous organic spelt sourdough loaf while we were out, so I will have having that toasted for breakfast tomorrow too - I know how fantastic toast is made with that loaf, and I'm already looking forward to breakfast tomorrow! :lol:

It's not so difficult if you cook from scratch as you then can decide exactly what you want to add to your food... For breakfast since I started eating healthier I generally have either porridge with banana and maybe some flaxseeds or perhaps wholemeal toast (no butter so therefore very little salt) with poached eggs. I do need to get some more ideas for healthy breakfasts though... :)