Recommendations?

I am looking for some recommendations for Horror stories.

I like vampire, werewolf and ghost stories but I want something that I can really be emersed in and I want to be frightened. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

The Shining by Stephen King still has to be my favourite vampire book of all time and terrifies me whenever I reread it! Do you have any favourite authors at all?

The Shining by Stephen King still has to be my favourite vampire book of all time and terrifies me whenever I reread it! Do you have any favourite authors at all?

:lurker: Don't you mean Salems Lot?.... it scared the bejayesus outta me, mind you, I was only about 14 when I read it ;)

I remember being quite freaked out by a book called Erebus by Shaun Hutson and Burial by Graham Masterton (although I believe this one is part of a series), both quite grisly and gory though :blush:

Stephen Kings the shining wasn't vampire from what I remember. But the shining for me was boring anyway. Any other suggestions? :)

Oh and by the way I have favourite authors but not in this genre of books. I never read a real horror that gave me the creeps.

It depends on what kind of horror you're into. Something one persons finds scary, another won't. A couple of the best horror novels that I've read are: (I'm trying not to go with the obvious ones )

The woman in black by Susan Hill

Apartment 16 by Adam Neville

362 Belisle St by Susie Moloney

The black Angel by John Connolly

Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice

If I'm entirely honest I've never read a book that really scared me, but I like books that I can get lost in. Hope this helps.

. But the shining for me was boring anyway. Any other suggestions? :)

Oh.. I loved The Shining! :)

It depends on what kind of horror you're into. Something one persons finds scary, another won't.

Agreed!

Apartment 16 by Adam Neville

I agree with this one. Also Bill Hussey is one to look out for.

• 4 months later...