Hi everyone

Waits

Hey everybody, how's it going? I joined the website yesterday having first looked around the internet to find a decent website for reading enthusiasts. This one stood out well above the others and so I came straight back and registered.

I read as much as I possibly can in-between working, studying, and my other hobbies and interests. It's just the most amazing escape and the thing I love so much about reading is that even if two people read the same book, the way each person perceives even the simplest of things (like the environment in which it's set, how the characters look, and even how the sounds and smells might be) can be so very different. Books are so personal.

But I also have many other interests and am passionate about all that I do. I'm also very friendly and I'm happy to chat with anyone so feel free to say Hi.

Have a great day!

Waits

p.s. Waits isn't my real name, but can you guess why I've chosen that as my display name? :)

Hi Waits :D I'm new here too but like you thought this was the best site by far when I looked around. Looking forward to getting stuck in more on here :D

It sounds like you've come to the right place, lovely and friendly and full of book chat - you'll fit right in!

Sounds perfect then! Hi! :)

Hello and welcome!

Hi to you too. :)

Hi waits, welcome to the gang :)

Hi, and thank you. :)

I'm new here too but like you thought this was the best site by far when I looked around. Looking forward to getting stuck in more on here

Nice to know I'm not the only new face around here. I hope you enjoy the site too. :)

welcome. What genre do you like to read and who is your favorite authors?

Hi there. To be honest with you I read all kinds of books. One time I can be reading a thriller, then biography, then factual, then a travelogue, then horror, then a romance. It really does vary, but I don't know if I have a favourite author as such yet. I've read a fair bit of Dean Koontz, love the Danny Wallace style of writing when I need a laugh, I've enjoyed some contemporary stuff by Mike Gayle and Tony Parsons, then I've got books I've been reading on Buddhism and meditation, life philosophies, then there's factual books about Cambodia and the Khmer Rouge which have always interested me. Most recent reads have been The Time Traveller's Wife, The Alchemist, One Day, Charles Bukowski's 'Women', and one of my favourites of all time, purely for the atmosphere of freedom is Call of the Wild by Guy Grieve. I love travel diaries too. I'll have a go at anything and generally go through phases of what appeals at the time.

Hello Waits and welcome. Nice intro. :)

I have no idea about your name. All I can think of is something to do with waiting for books to be released or something. :smile2:

Hello Waits and welcome to the forum, this certainly is the best place for bookish conversations, and a bit of fun off-topicing :giggle2: I love it that your taste in literature is so diverse, it's great to keep an open mind.

Hello Waits and welcome. Nice intro.

I have no idea about your name. All I can think of is something to do with waiting for books to be released or something.

Hi Kylie...ooh, good guess, but not quite right (see below for correct answer). :)

Hello, Waits.

Welcome.

I have others hobbies too. I make sock puppets and collect paper clips.

Hi there...nice hobbies. I like. Do you collect coloured paper clips too, or just silver ones? And do you collect those really huge novelty ones you can get too? :)

Hey there and welcome to BCF, Waits! Glad you joined us.

Have you read any Bill Bryson? He comes to mind when you mentioned travel diaries...

Hi there, and thanks. Strangely enough I've only ever read one of his books...Notes from a Small Island. It was a while ago now but I really enjoyed it and would like to read more of his.

Hey there.

Tom Waits?

Hi there...yep, you've got it absolutely spot on. Tom Waits! My musical hero! Nice one! :)

Hello Waits and welcome to the forum, this certainly is the best place for bookish conversations, and a bit of fun off-topicing :giggle2: I love it that your taste in literature is so diverse, it's great to keep an open mind.

Hello to you too! Yeah I can never settle with one style for too long and need to vary it up a bit. The next book I'm going to read which is on its way in the post is some Bruce Lee literature! :)

Hello and welcome Waits :)

Hello to you too. :)

Yay! Do I get a prize? :D

You certainly do. Although I'm not sure what. :D

Hey Waits, welcome from a fellow Newbie! Like your reasons for reading - same as me, you're right, it can be difficult to cram in around my other hobbies, but give me a book over a boring TV soap any day of the week!!!

Hi to you too. I have to agree...I'll take a book over mind numbing TV any time. :)

hello and welocme :D

Hi there. :)

Hi there...nice hobbies. I like. Do you collect coloured paper clips too, or just silver ones? And do you collect those really huge novelty ones you can get too? :)

Only the coloured ones. The silver ones are simply silly. :giggle2:

Hi and welcome Waits. :D

Hi there. :)

Only the coloured ones. The silver ones are simply silly. :giggle2:

I'd have to agree...they're kind of boring too. They have practical uses, but they have no personality.

Welcome to the BCF :)

Hello! :)

Hope you enjoy the site, hmmm why did you pick Waits for your username - give us a clue!

Hi there, and thank you. Hyzenthlay actually guessed correctly as to why I used Waits as my name. :) ...it's because of who my favourite musician is. :)