All about Janet

Janet

The Basics:

Full Name

Janet Sarah 'X'!

40 in body - 21 in mind!

Somerset

Marital Status/Children

Married for 18 years. Two children, a son aged 12 and a daughter aged 9.

Date You Joined The Book Club Forum

May 2006

Favourites:

- Favourite bands/singers?

AC/DC, Pink Floyd

- Favourite movies?

Musicals, Railway Children, Love Actually

- Favourite books?

Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier, Beyond This Place by A J Cronin, Harry Potter

- Favourite authors?

Emily Barr, Joanne Harris, Marian Keyes

The Book Club Forum

Really? You were given a name for your birthday?

That is such a fab present! Absolutely brilliant! :readingtwo::)

I know!

I'd always said I felt cheated by not having a middle name, so my husband asked if I wanted one for my 40th. I've had it added to my passport and have got a proper deed poll with a seal and everything! :D

That's fantastic Janet. Shall we start calling you Sarah, so that you get to hear it occasionally??

*g* Aww nice idea! My Grandmother was called Sarah, and so is my bestest friend, who is also God-Mummy to both my children. And my daughter has it as a middle name so it just seemed kind of appropriate!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi Janet, I love Pink Floyd!

Can I ask? do you think you will do anymore studying? you have done so well so far. :)

I don't know how I managed to miss this - but better late than never, I guess! :D

I've nearly finished A2 English Lit (second year of A Level) - in fact, my last exam is tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to get a good grade this time (got a B for AS Level last year) as Friday's exam was awful (D at best, at a guest) and tomorrow's exam in my weaker area.

I really do them for fun, and have had a blast at the evening classes, which was what it was all about for me.

What next? Well, I've pretty much run out of choices for GCSE/A level so I'm probably going to do my European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL).

Apologies for the delay in replying! :)

I really do them for fun, and have had a blast at the evening classes, which was what it was all about for me.

:D

Good luck for tomorrow Janet. I've agreed to do A level French with my friend in September - looking forward to studying again but wish I could do it without the exam, particularly as I too am doing it for fun.

Thanks guys. :D

I'm looking forward to reading for pleasure again. I've only read one book since April!

I'm going to start with something fluffy that requires no thought - or analysis!

Judy - good luck with the French - I'm sure you'll have fun. :)

Ooer, A-Level English Lit - I just did mine last year and my sister's doing hers at the moment, she has her last EngLit exam next week! What texts/board are you doing?

AQA - syllabus A

For AS last year we did...

Poetry: The World's Wife by Carol Ann Duffy

Prose: Wild Children by Angela Carter

Play: A Woman of no Importance by Oscar Wilde

Play: Richard III - Shakespeare

and this year we did...

Poetry: John Clare

Comparative texts: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain and Northern Lights by Philip Pullman

Play: The Winter's Tale by Shakespeare

Synoptic unit: Poetry and prose of WW1

Yesterday was my second (and last exam).

:roll:

I hope your sister's exam goes well. Is she off to university too?

• 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Janet - I am curious. There is a Somerset in Pennsylvania but I doubt that would be the one you reside?

I have no idea if you'll see this after all this time!  The Somerset I live in is in England in the UK.  :)   There is a village just over the border in South Gloucestershire called Pennsylvania after your state!  :)

• 5 years later...

Hi,

Thank you for letting us all into your world, that was such a lovely birthday present from your husband ✍️ ✉️ 

I’m new to the forum as of today and so far loving the forum, the admin and mods have done a fab job!

It’s lovely to read more about you and your bookish interests 😃. I look forward to chatting some more and getting to know everyone here 🤗 📚